Yatley Heath Race - Team Tangles

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Yatley Heath Race - Team Tangles

Postby Polaris » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:33 am

Big up me mushing buddy, thats a very good trail report. Dont ask me for a report apart from the fact there was a dam steep hill, wich dam near killed me & the polaris pair. A there was a very large amount of reaching after i crossed the finnish line.Aparently I nearly cleared the forest of all wild animals with that. Role on the next race & the next season. Oh yes & the puppies.PS can i have my layer of paint back for the rig!!!
Me & Tangles will try to do a full report from the Pink Peaks Charity Race. This will include all the fancy dress kit WE SHALL BE WEARING, won't it mate.
I must say a great thanks to the Tangles team for such competitive racing as can be had between two dogs & three dogs. We shall mis the fun untill next season, bring on August, when training can start.Trail on my buddie.
POLARIS SLED DOGS UK.DOING IT OUR WAY.
Polaris

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:40 pm

shhh mate, dont mention the secret! its gonna be a surprise for the iditabuddies !!!! haha
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby boo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:31 pm

Matt, thanks so much for the detailed account of the run.....sounded WILD!!! Your season probably feels way too short, huh? Good job Polaris and team, too.....and EMS!!!! Behind every great musher is a great handler....I loved it when Rach had to handle for me and stew and fret and worry while we were out having a blast!!! Those are some splashy camos, too! So what is the secret kit for the Pinks, guys? Tidbits?
boo
boo

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:08 am

you'll have to wait and see guys..!!!!!!! :D :) :D those camo trousers are thick and warm great for mushing in and looks sooooooooooo cool, they didnt do them in my size tho :(
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:31 pm

Way to go tangles and Mike, and emsie too, thanks for sharing your races with us :!:

Someone in England should hire you to report the Iditarod race, you bring such excitment and life to your reporting :!:

CONGRATULATIONS TEAMTANGLES #1 in 2008
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk