Yatley Heath Race - Team Tangles

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Yatley Heath Race - Team Tangles

Postby tanglefoot » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:59 pm

we got another race this weekend, yatley heath race down towards london way ithink, best check the maps! :oops: its the last race of the championships this year, after that we have one more race left :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: its the pink peaks charity race for breast cancer reserch. we are razing money for the charity and have a collection jar on the bar plus our entry fees for each msuher goes to wards the charity, once again sled dogs and mushers racing to save people suffering, an old age thing for sled dogs and mushers but as always we answer the howls to help!!!

its gonna be ems first race! go ems go! and will be a try out for sassy again, she has been going well in training as we'll see what happens, and if ems needs help i'm going to put kirra in the team for her to run the 3.

im running 3 this weekend, and then our teams for pink peaks will be ems with wolfe and lolly and me with kirra and sassy. the pink peaks is in march (15th / 16th) so we got a few more weeks to get ems ready. the dogs are running well for her at the moment.

we'll post a report of this weekend to keep you updated. off to cook ems dinner while she tries to post here... happy tails and trails all xxxx tangles xxxxx

Moderator's Note: Split thread from Rondy by Night to create new one for this race.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Re: Yatley Heath Race - Team Tangles

Postby Johncn » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:14 pm

Hey Tangles,

Got video? You can post a YouTube or Google Video report when you get back if you want. We've got board video enabled now.

Good luck down in Yatley Heath. I think this will help folks get an idea of the place and past events:

http://www.yateley-online.co.uk/news/2008/2008019/dog_sled_teams_battle_for_glory_on_the_heath

Is this the link for the race results if you select Yatley Heath and click "Go"?

Affiliated British Sleddog Activities
http://www.absasleddogracing.org.uk/src/racer09.htm

Regards,

Johncn
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby Another UK Fan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:20 am

Team Tangles came second today in the battle for glory at the ABSA Yately Heath event in Surrey. Congratulations! :D :D

After a night where temperatures dropped to -10C (+4 F)in some places, the event of over 100 competing teams started under clear skies, bright sunshine and a frosty -4C (28 F). Moderator: Added temperature conversion for the Celsius Impaired.

In the morning cold Tangles looked forward to the run commenting that it should be good as there was lots of stiff competition and the dogs were well and ready to go.

With Ems handling, Lolly, Kirra and Wolfe were harnessed up for the 12.46 ‘off.’ The temperature was rising and Tangles noted that it had ‘warmed up a tad’.

Team Tangles sped away on the 3.5 mile trail, completing in 18.09 minutes at an average speed of 12 mph. Tangles explained how well it went despite losing time in the last section of the trail. The dogs dropped the pace here because it had got very warm. He was impressed by the winners: a top team running hound and two zero bloodline Siberians at an average speed of 17mph – super fast!

With Tangles and Ems texting throughout it was very exciting – even tho’ I wasn’t there! I’m trying to post below the pics they sent. We await a full report Tangles!

Well done! Congrats! Wooowoo!
Another UK Fan

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:55 am

well, just back from the race....actualy got back a while ago but had to read the goings on first.

will let you all in on the race later on as knackered and need to jump in the shower and grab some food....till later on.
tanglefoot

Postby Another UK Fan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:58 am

Hurry up Tangles! :lol:

Moderator - thanks for doing the temp conversions. :)
Another UK Fan

Postby dilli » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:56 pm

AnotherUKFan .. You are an excellent public relations and press agent for Team Tangles! Thank you for the blow by blow account until our intrepid musher and handler recover sufficiently to post theirs. :D

WHOOOHOOOO

Well Done!!!

Was up all night invocating .. again ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GoTeamTanglesGo ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woofs, howls, tailwags and incoming :? pate cookies .. ROFL .. inquiring minds want to know exactly what kind of pate was rewarded and served to the most deserving furbabies?????

(((Hugs))) from very Proud Auntie Dills

PS Ems .. rofl .. am having a flashback to a certain recent chitchat we had about the meaning of trail marker colors. :lol: :P :lol:
We've got treats
dilli

Postby tanglefoot » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:34 am

sorry guys ive not posted the in depth race account yet its been a busy day and we got a busier night ahead as ive organised a supper for 60 people from the hunt at the pub, followed by breakfast tommoro for 50 of them and then we are all off hunting for he day...i will endevoer to post the accoutn later on.

mike who i race against and train with has finaly joined the site to under the name polaris, this is mike who beat me at forest of dean. im sure he will add some notes on the race too.

so you get two mushers for the price of one haha thanks aukfan for posting the reports fromt he trail, its probably cost us a fortune in sms messages hahaha
tanglefoot

Postby Polaris » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:47 am

:evil: :evil: You not my mush buddy any moor, you havent mentioned me you mate with the ginger ****** frog dog & mr canibis. Polaris is up there too. Se you cant get away from your nemisis. We both done very well this season, but we might do better next season. Trail on my bestest mush buddie. :D :) ;)
POLARIS SLED DOGS UK.DOING IT OUR WAY.
Polaris

Postby Johncn » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:50 am

Hello,

Posting these for Tangles and his friend....first two from Yately Heath this weekend, and the third one from another race. Ashley?

ready_to_howl.jpg

lolly_yately_heath.jpg

ashley_start.jpg

Hope this helps,

Johncn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby Polaris » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:36 pm

Dam nice pic's buddy.We must get some from this comming weekend.
POLARIS SLED DOGS UK.DOING IT OUR WAY.
Polaris

Next

Return to Mushing Talk