For Rusty ... with love from an Iditabuddy

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

For Rusty ... with love from an Iditabuddy

Postby dilli » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:36 pm

Since the Cabela's forums are going to be closed forever soon, I thought it would be a good idea to remind those who remember our beloved Norwegian Iditabuddy Rusty that you might want to do a search and save of his posts.
I am going to carry fond memories of Rusty in my heart and prayers during the entire race. If no one minds, I would like to nominate him as our #1 honorary BSSD Iditabuddy to lead us from above up the trail to Nome.
This was the last post on the Cabela's forum posted by Rusty's significant other .. Anita and Rusty's family and friends .. wherever you are, I wish you comfort, healing and blessings in abundance.
With love and respect,
Dilli

Rusty

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:11 pm

Post subject: rusty, lost the fight.

As the man in my life, he learned me the passion for dogs, and this forum.............

It's with regret I have to make public that my dear "Rusty" is no longer among us.
After fighting leukaemia for 3 years, he lost.
As a French legionary for almost 20 years, his last will wil be carryed through in the way HE w.... sorry.
He was a true dog man with a lot of unnamed expeditions on his back, crossing Greenland and Antarctic as a few of his journeys.

I know that he was a longtime employe with RCI and that he was in negotiate with all major cruise lines operating in Alaska for a sponsorship of the Iditarod.
I will thry to talk with the management of RCI to thry to fulfill one of he's dreams.
Sorry about my bad english.

With regret
Anita (fiance for 13 years)

Edit: Maybe this should have been posted somewher else in this forum..
I'm not klever in this......
sorry for useing this account.
We've got treats
dilli

Re: For Rusty ... with love from an Iditabuddy

Postby MotorWerk » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:41 pm

Aww. Rusty. What a splendid fellow.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby tilstede » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:15 am

DIlli:
If no one minds, I would like to nominate him as our #1 honorary BSSD Iditabuddy to lead us from above up the trail to Nome.

I support!
tilstede

Postby fladogfan » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:17 am

Thank you Dilli for rescuing this news from Cabela's. A lot of members might have missed it when it was first posted. Remember on the last sticky at Cab's, Rusty had posted an answer and it's still there.

So I also agree.
fdf
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:36 am

Thanks Dilli....

Posting this was a good idea. RIP Rusty, you will be fondly remembered.

daniel
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:43 am

i third that motion... bssd race bib number 1 - rusty.

good trails rusty!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Another UK Fan » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:14 pm

A very good idea Dilli.

We remember you Rusty - especially at Iditarod time.
Another UK Fan

Postby Breeze » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:10 pm

Rusty was an early member of the Cablea's board and I will always think of him as our honorary Red Lantern. He was never,ever neither last nor lost , he will always be in our hearts and remembered. It IS in the spirit and tradition of the Iditatrod for the last finisher to receive the Red Lantern ( kept lit for them), and the last finisher goes to extinguish the Widow's lamp.

I support remembering Rusty. My heart goes out to his loved ones who were dispossesed of his company and comfort, and I can only hope that remembering Rusty, Here, can help build a ramp to the Rainbow Bridge, where his spirit and enthusiasm can be remembered, honored, and offered up in remembrance.

Breeze
Breeze

Postby mithious » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:59 pm

Me too, I agree.....may he rest in peace :cry: ....glad you saved that dilli.....!!!!!!!
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Return to Mushing Talk