LanceO'Lot!

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

LanceO'Lot!

Postby Frozen Chosen » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:53 am

You can see it and feel it, in the eyes and stance!
Who do you wanna see...how 'bout dat Lance!

Come on Mac-key Team let's go!
GoLanceGo!

Larry, Hobo, and Battel!
Who's gonna check in to the Millenium Hotel?

Come on Mac-key Team let's go!
GoLanceGo!

Hansom, Fudge, and, oh...Boycuz!
Lance's next stop: The Burled ARch, that's the buzz!!

(Say it to the Rap beat!)

The Battel Smile! Check out that the leader is looking neither left nor right, but straight toward the Goal!

Battel.JPG

Here's Hobo doing his part to ENERGIZE the mid-section of the team!

Hobo!.JPG

Last, but not at all the least, Boycuz showing the Mackey Intensity as he does his part to keep the rear geared!

Boycuz!.JPG

The Frozen Analysis:

What am I saying? Well, EVERY dog has done THEIR part in running this race. EACH and EVERY one has that same Lance Stance and intensity as their MAIN LEADER (guess who that might be)...But to BALANCE that Intensity is this: The LAnce SmiLe, which in reality is: The Lance Enthusiasm!

So what? Well, it breaks down to two things: INTENsITY and ENTHUSIAsM!

(Remember the '85 BEARS? By the way, their leader, the quarterback was a "Mac" also, Jim McMahon, who did a break dance before the superbowl!)

Show us the break dance Lance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Whaz zup...
Frozen Chosen

Re: LanceO'Lot!

Postby Frozen Chosen » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:19 am

Who's that boy, mushing up the trail?
Is he the guy with the current holy grail?

Come on Lance, show us that Dance!

He's got a team, oh my, he plays with!
IN a week or so, why, he'll shake the hand of dear Mith!

Who dares to break the im-poss-ible? (Double back to back One Thousand Mile Races!)
Why it's that Comeback Kennel, isn't this In-cre-dible?

The Lance Dance!!

Ho..ho..ho!.JPG

Oh, show us that Enthusiasm one more time:

Lance O' Lot a.JPG

And for giggles, The Jump of the Ages:

The Jump toward victory!.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Whaz zup...
Frozen Chosen

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:06 am

Frozen....I love you.... :D

ThisSpaceForRent

oh....GoLanceGo®
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby dilli » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:41 am

Ditto what TSFR said :lol: :lol: ... wouldn't want to get all slobber mushy on ya while you're happy dancing, Frozen :P

not sure about copyright so am just posting photo link to priceless Mastercard Kodak Moment ... says it all

http://media.newsminer.com/img/photos/2008/02/19/Q19Braeburn02_t400.jpg?a43852d237593c63a3f872b0283e00b96c481ec7

Photo: Sam Harrel

Leader Lance Mackey gets some loving from his dogs Wrapper, Handsom and Hobo before leaving the Braeburn, Yukon, checkpoint Tuesday afternoon, Feb. 19, 2008, during the Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race. Mackey, of Fairbanks, left the for the 100-mile run to the finish line 19 minutes ahead of neighbor Ken Anderson.

folks .. you've just witnessed more mushing history in the making by an INCREDIBLE musher and stuff of legends team of canine athletes ..

4 CONSECUTIVE Quest wins ... *standing ovation*

http://www.adn.com/mushing/story/320499.html

:lol: :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol:
And as for leaps .. this one gets my 4 paws up vote

http://newsminer.com/photos/galleries/yukon-quest-2008/202/

Photo: Sam Harrel

Yukon Quest winner Lance Mackey's dogs are still leaping to go after arriving at the finish line early Wednesday morning, Feb. 20, 2008, in Whitehorse, Yukon.
We've got treats
dilli

Postby mithious » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:17 pm

Wow Frozen,

awesome pic's :D :D :D Thanks so much.... :D :D :D 8-) Writer, photographer, anything else we should know? ;)
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby Breeze » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:37 pm

LOLOL Mith, we've been trying for years to pin a real name to Frozen Chosen, s/he is a lot like Samatunk, gotta have a real name and be known to others to get so close to the action, but just loves to give us huge private stock goods/and first hand info. Whether it comes from behind a stump or from under a Spruce Trap or Tree Well , it comes anonymously.

It is part of our wondrous Cabela's family tree that we may forever wonder , hmmmmm who IS that behind the digital camera, who IS AT THAT checkpoint?

Many thanks to Frozen Chosen and to Samatunk for spinning off great knowledge and behind the scenes interpretive documentary.

Our dearly beloved Cabela's Moderator Frank went out of his way to be sure each of us felt safe within our screen presence on that forum, and I pray we stick to that family value on this forum.

Breeze
Breeze

Postby flowerpower » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:53 pm

Ah, but Frozen did grace us with a face to put to those wonderful stories this year! Under the "Faces" thread, on a very cold morning.... 8-)
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby Breeze » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:16 pm

flowerpower wrote:Ah, but Frozen did grace us with a face to put to those wonderful stories this year! Under the "Faces" thread, on a very cold morning.... 8-)

I'm so content with being one of the dial-up access crew, I have to play stupid.

If it is video, audio or streaming content, this 2001 HP box doesn't cut it.

Breeze
Breeze

Postby Moose » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:54 pm

Has anyone ever talked with Frozen? I hope this isn't too wierd, but when I'm reading his stories, I imagine he's reading them aloud to us in a wonderfully deep, rich, slightly gravelly voice. Sort of like the guy in the Allstate commercials, the one who is/was the president in the TV show with Keiffer Sutherland. Am I close? :D
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:17 am

hmmm, there was a pic of him by his trusti FCmobile iron dog truck...but...is that really him?

some say he's only an apperition, after all who could stand outside next to a truck in -47 with only jeans and shirt on with out freezing!

some say hes part musher part dog with his keen knowledge of the trail the race and the frozen lands of the long forgotten north

some say he once ran the iditarod and finished

some say he's just a ghost who flits from thread to thread with tales of the old time

but to us......... hes a legend!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Return to Mushing Talk