Doug Swingley

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Doug Swingley

Postby MotorWerk » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:56 am

Now that Doug has called it a day and won't be doing any long-distance races again - wouldn't it be just awesome if he came over to Norway and tested himself one final time against the best Norwegians in Finnmarksløpet? I guess the chances of that happening are next to none, but it would be extremely cool. Not to mention that the race would get a boost from having one of the best US pros coming over.

Btw, I wonder what kind of prize money it would take to have Americans coming over to Norway on a regular basis... Quite a lot I imagine.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Re: Doug Swingley

Postby Heidi » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:54 am

MotorWerk wrote:Btw, I wonder what kind of prize money it would take to have Americans coming over to Norway on a regular basis... Quite a lot I imagine.

I think you're right. Just curious, but what is the prize money for the Finnmarksløpet?
Heidi

Re: Doug Swingley

Postby MotorWerk » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:09 am

2008 first prize in cash is around 3,600 dollars. In addition there is an ATV up for grabs and quite a big cabin for the musher who wins the 08/09 races on aggregate. http://www.finnmarkslopet.no/printArticle.jsp?id=2522
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Return to Follow That Musher!