Zack Steer

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Zack Steer

Postby mamamia » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:41 pm

Everyone should remember his surprising and delightful Iditarod success last year. I've been searching for information from this pre-race season trying to get some clue about how he might do this year but I haven't been able to find much except for his standing in the Knik 200. Does anyone have anything to share or links to post? Dilli? You are good at mining the net for info. Have you turned up anything?
mamamia

Re: Zack Steer

Postby musherbryan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:04 pm

what do you want or need to know, I know the kennel pretty well..... The dogs are looking great the musher too...
musherbryan

Postby mamamia » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:33 pm

Wow! Thanks for replying! Gosh what do I want to know....

You already said the team (dogs and musher) were looking great. How does Zack feel his chances are this year? Does he feel like he can do as well as last year? I just watched a video interview with him from ADN ( http://community.adn.com/mini_apps/vmix ... 27&GID=118 ) in which he talked about not being a full time musher but that his priorities were his family, the lodge and mushing - in that order- and that he did not have the kennel depth that the professional mushers have to pull from. Does he feel that he is at a disadvantage this year because of that?

How has the training been this year? How many miles did he get on the team? Will he be returning with the same dogs? How many? Same lead dog? Can he share something about his lead dog? (We love dog stories!)

Please let him know -if you are able- that I (we.. I think I can safely speak for several of us on this board) thoroughly enjoyed his race last year and were impressed with what a smart race he ran. He was kind of a stelth musher. He kept popping up closer and closer to the front of the pack. I wish I had the Cabelas archives so I could review our observations of his race to jog my memory.

Tell Zack please that I have him in my top 10 but I have yet to decide on a position and invite his wife to join us here for the race.

Thanks
mamamia

Postby mamamia » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:13 am

I found this on the Crow Village blog: http://feyer1.blogspot.com/

We had lots of giggles last year about Zack and his dirty parka. I almost asked the poster above if he had a new one this year but I didn't want to be rude (my mama raised me right!) Anyway, it seems that question has been answered.

giggle
mamamia

Postby txbennett » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:56 am

After watching his stealth movements in the race last year, with astonishment, I have picked Zach as my dark horse winner this year. For a part-time musher with a smaller kennel, he had an amazing race. :o :shock: :shock:

TXbennett
txbennett

Postby Minipins444 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:42 am

Just wondering...is Zack running this year?
Minipins444

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:11 pm

Zack is Not on the musher listing.
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby Minipins444 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:46 pm

Thank you for confirming that for me.
I wonder why.
Minipins444

Return to Follow That Musher!