Joe Garnie

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Joe Garnie

Postby Frozen Chosen » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:37 pm

Joe's been on a several year sabbatical...this could be his last hurrah...don't know. He had a great team in the mid 80s and came in second to Susan back in 86 I believe. Several of his dogs were on Riddle's 85 win including his long time leader (from back then), a female named Sister. He really loved that dog, and he may have descendent's on his current team. If any of you down yonder see joe, tell em Frozen said hello!
Whaz zup...
Frozen Chosen

Re: Joe Garnie

Postby dilli » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:20 am

I'm rooting for Joe .. am so glad he's running the Irod this year .. hope it isn't his Iditarod swan song

However .. I was very distressed to learn about this in Jon Little's latest Iditablog entry .. what a massive and unfortunate mistake :shock: :o :shock: .. I sure hope he's gotten the help and support he needs and deserves.

http://iditarodblogs.com/news/2008/02/2 ... r-of-love/

One driver needing some serious last-minute help was Joe Garnie of Teller, Alaska. Garnie is a trail tough veteran known for his excellent dogs. Something went wrong with his food drops, which got delivered to the wrong location. Meat in the drop bags melted and spoiled. So he was scrambling Thursday to get more meat and ship it out to checkpoints.
We've got treats
dilli

Re: Joe Garnie

Postby dashdel » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:30 pm

Joe is a true musher. Its been a long time since I've met him.......Tough musher...
dashdel

Return to Follow That Musher!