Ryan Redington

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Ryan Redington

Postby Heidi » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:40 pm

I thought we should cheer on one of our own. Ryan posts in the forums under the name "flathornlake". Best of luck to you Ryan! Can't wait to hear some trail stories after the race. :D :D :D

Iditarod.com Bio:

Ryan Redington, 25, was born and raised in the Wasilla area. He's been mushing since "I could hang onto the sled,"says Ryan. He ran two Jr. Iditarod's and many local mid distance races as well as the Iditarod. Ryan and his wife, Erin, own and operate an Iditarod racing kennel in Knik, Alaska. Ryan has a long family history in the Iditarod. His grandfather was the "Father of the Iditarod," Joe Redington, Sr. Ryan grew up watching his father and grandfather race in 33 combined Iditarods and knew it was something he wanted to do. He has now completed three Iditarods with his top finish being 18th. Ryan has a daughter, Raynee, age six, who is just starting to follow in the family footsteps. Ryan is a tour guide in the summer. He enjoys trapping, hunting and fishing.
Heidi

Re: Ryan Reddington

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:14 am

It's great having an Iditarod musher participate in our talk forum. We'll be following your progress throughout the race Ryan. Good luck and have a great time. Keep us posted!

Brian
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby dilli » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:20 pm

GoRyanGO! :geek:
The Iditabuddies will be cheering and rooting for you and your beloved 4 leggeds the entire trail to Nome !!!!!! Best wishes and Good Luck!
We've got treats
dilli

Postby fladogfan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:06 pm

WOW! one of our own on the trail to Nome!! GO RYAN GO!!! :D
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Re: Ryan Redington

Postby Heidi » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:55 pm

Ryan's keeping up with his brother so far. Well at least they both left Rainy pass together. GO RYAN!!! :D :D :D
Heidi

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:35 am

Ryan doing great so far.
It was very impressive to see him do the stretch from Rohn to Nikolai in 9 hours 47 minutes :shock: when many, even perrenial front runners like Lance and Martin Buser were doing it in 15 and 16 hours! :o Don't know how much weather played into that, but I found it impressive none-the-less. Go Ryan!
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby mnwx » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:30 pm

I see Ryan just scratched. There is a brief description on his blog http://www.callintrailkennel.com/2008iditarod.html. Too bad.
mnwx

Postby fladogfan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:18 am

Sorry you had to scratch, Ryan. Better running next year!
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby RAIMIS2 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:41 am

Sorry to hear that. But the guy obviously knows what he's doing and did the right thing. Better luck next year, and at least his brother is still doing well.
RAIMIS2

Postby Heidi » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:28 pm

Hey flathornlake! I was sorry to hear you had to scratch, but I know you did the right thing for yourself and your dogs. Looking forward to hearing an update from you here. :D :D
Heidi

Next

Return to Follow That Musher!