Ride The Happy Steps With Aliy

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Ride The Happy Steps With Aliy

Postby northwapiti » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:04 am

Usually the Steps have pretty good snow (although this year they didn't until a DAY or so before the mushers went through). Often the problem is the giant ruts for anyone other then the first 10 or 20 mushers. I've been through there went the rut was over 4 feet deep and about the exact width of a sled. If you managed to get in the rut, you would ride your brake for all you were worth (although it was probably just scratching frozen dirt and not too effective) until the corners. I also remember one year that the third 'step' just plunged us over a cliff ('04, I think). I doubt anyone stayed upright on that.

Karen
northwapiti

Re: Ride The Happy Steps With Aliy

Postby fladogfan » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:24 pm

We can hear Aliy riding the brake in places in the video :o Looked scary to me. But neat to "ride along" sitting here in my comfy chair.

One year there was a shot of a team going down, the dogs ran over the hill top and all of a sudden the sled and musher just dropped out of sight :shock:
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Previous

Return to Follow That Musher!