Rachael Scdoris

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Rachael Scdoris

Postby flowerpower » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:28 am

I could probably find this in the rules, if I had time to hunt today, but I figure one of you out there knows the answer...will Joe count as a place finisher? for example, if Rachel comes in 5th, with Joe behind her, would he be number 6? Or would the person behind him be number 6? One of my teachers asked me today, and I wasn't sure of the answer...
Thanks!
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby boo » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:08 pm

Yes, Joe and Rachael are just regular Iditarod competitors. However, because they need to go out basically together, they are going to leave the Re-Start chute last (Rach) and next-to-last (Joe), because the picks that happen tonight at the mushers' banquet are doing the 'draw it out of the boot' method again, instead of the "I'd like to take number whatever" that they tried in 2006, the last time she ran. Unlike 2005, they won't be penalized time-wise, though. When they complete their 24, they will leave after exactly 24 hours and 24 hours and 3 minutes....that is the theory anyway. So if she is leading into Front Street, or she is following and can call up her team to pass Joe.....won't that be cool??? Anyway, they each get their own finish time. And she has been practicing PASSING Joe A LOT!!!!!!!
boo
boo

Postby flowerpower » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:14 pm

Thanks Boo, I figured you would know the answer to that one! I was guessing that was the case, because I know he has to enter same as a regular team. But, you know what "I assume" turns into! ;)
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby boo » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:31 pm

No worries, Flowerpower.... :)
boo
boo

Postby Heidi » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:31 pm

Here's a good article about Rachael and Joe...

http://www.homertribune.com/article.php?aid=2662
Heidi

Postby boo » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:12 pm

Sadly, how the ITC is going to deal with the start isn't resolved yet, to my knowledge. IDEALLY they would slide the schedule up and have bib #56 immediately after bib#54, and also have bib #84 immediately follow bib #82, and then Joe go out next-to-last and Rachael last, after bib #96. Clock doesn't start until they actually leave the chute, not at bib #55 and bib #83 time slots. Having Rach leave alone an hour ahead of Joe doesn't really make sense....tough to try to shut a team down part way out, wait for another musher, which will come up unrested to a VERY rested team. The silliness of 2005 should NOT be repeated, with the clock starting 2 hours before she actually left AND having to add that differential to her mandatory 24....thus being penalized twice, in essence. By going out last, when they had done their 24 and 24 hours, 2 minutes, they could depart. It would least impact all other competitors, too.
boo
boo

Postby Bigskymusher » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:16 am

Rachael Scdoris is what mushing and the Iditarod are all about. Personal best, testing your resolve, communing with winter and your dogs. And, most of all doing because there is nothing else in the world you'd rather be doing!
Bigskymusher

Postby MotorWerk » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:22 am

She really impresses me with that positive attitude of hers.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby boo » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:28 am

She is always very positive! Talked to her late last night....she is less stressed about it than I think I am. Hoping they'll go out last and next to last and be able to leave their mandatory 24 at 24 and 24:02.....not start their clocks at #55 and #83. We'll see.....today is going to take F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!!

Jovi and Cletus were in lead for Ceremonial, but Jovi won't be going out today, or Max, who also ran yesterday. So the team is:
(Hey Mike)
McGraw
McCann

Taft
Wrinkles
Oscar
Toni
Goldie
Brick
Angel
LaFawnDuh
Bubba
Jay
Bernard
Cletus
Patty
Pedro

I know, probably everyone's eyes are glazing over, but hey, for us it is all about the dogs!!!!
boo
boo

Postby cat » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:05 pm

Boo....

When we watched the restart on live video it was so choppy. The announcer announced Rachael at her bib position. But I didn't think she actually went. Same when they got to Joe's #. We got confused & thought they had to go out without each other.

But didn't it end up that Rachael & Joe did actually go out last together?
cat
(formerly ns on cabela's)
cat

PreviousNext

Return to Follow That Musher!