Rachael Scdoris

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Rachael Scdoris

Postby boo » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:27 pm

Yes, Cat....they waited until #97 had gone out, even tho their names, bios, etc. were discussed....as 4 minutes elapsed and #56 and #84 went out. Somebody on the live (NASA test) broadcast said, "Oh I think they went out and took a turn around the lake and went back thru the start chute so they could run together." That is probably the rumor lots of people believe because "that's what the TV said." ;) But they went out dead last, like you are thinking.
boo
boo

Postby fladogfan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:21 am

Yes Boo, I saw them and I guess no one informed the announcers that Rach and Joe would be going last, because when they came back from 'break' that's when they said about R & J circleing the lake :roll: :roll: . But when musher #96 went out, the crowds started to break up. I thought there was an announcer, not on the live stream, who was giving info to the crowd. So was that announcer not aware of the plan either? :shock:

I know it's such a busy time there, but I think this should not be left to the last minute to decide. Not like Rach hasn't run the Irod before and done a good job. :evil:
fdf
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby cat » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:38 pm

Thanks, Boo. Mith was relieved to hear that. It was very confusing for us as we watched on jerky video.
cat
(formerly ns on cabela's)
cat

Postby Moose » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:42 am

Boo, are you still around, or have you headed to more tropical climes? Anything to report from Rachel or Joe on the trail? Her name is consistently ahead of Joe's on the standings board. Who is interpreting for whom here? :lol: Go, Rach! Go, Joe!
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Di* » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:39 am

She took off at o'dark thirty today Moose! So guess we are on our own to dig up info!
Di*

Postby boo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:55 pm

Jerry called me during our layover in SF to tell me they were on their way from Rohn to Nik...we couldn't get wi-fi at the airport, so I was REALLY glad to get to talk to him. Also told me about Tony Ony and the Discovery Film helo crash....bummer!!! As Jerry predicted, they got to Nik about half past three....two minutes faster than in 2006. The plan was to rest, rest, rest early and then start to let 'em fly. It will be so fun watching the rest of the race....FROM THE BEACH!!!! Sorry guys....wish you were here...... :D
boo
boo

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:43 am

Boo...

oh...that boo,.. she is not here, ...sorry,... she is on the beach right now... :D :D :D

have fun. 8-)

daniel
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby boo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:08 pm

Back from the beach to Bend, Boo is :) Hmmm....have that 'fuzzy around the edges' feeling from doing the redeye from Kona. Can't imagine how 'fuzzy around the edges' all the mushers on the trail still feel....with their days and days of weird sleep, or little sleep. Although RACHAEL, you seem to be getting LOTS of sleep!!! (Gonna make her read this when she gets home :) )

Glad they plopped GPS's into Rach and Joe's sleds....fun to track them now. And easier for my fuddled brain right now...we really do need a sleepy-eyed emoticon....John....kids..... +^+ sleeping on my back....I wish
boo
boo

Postby boo » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:15 pm

Well, it looks like Rachael and Timmy are just about to the Burn tonight.....doubtless they will camp before Nikolai, but I'm not staying up to watch their GPS quit moving :) Running this in the moonlight has just got to be magical. Oh, on Insider, there is a clip called "Hillclimb" or something like that......the first person up is Timmy and the second is Rachael....good to hear her voice before I toddle off to bed. Man the dogs look WONDERFUL!!!! Angel in lead on the right side....wooo hoooo!!!! That is one passionate leader!
boo
boo

Postby fladogfan » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:32 pm

This was posted by mitten at ITC forum April 5

http://www.katu.com/sports/42452262.html?video=YHI&t=a

Nice to see Rachael without all the cold weather clothes, she's a very pretty young woman, good interview.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

PreviousNext

Return to Follow That Musher!