Ken Anderson

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Ken Anderson

Postby Skip95 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:36 am

JSK, I surely did catch that and found that one of the most interesting tidbits to come out this year. If that happens, as it sounds it might, we're looking at a revolutionary...or as DeeDee put it an "evolutionary" step in mushing. This is totally new ground and I'm thinking there has been some really good discussions around a particular neighborhood in Fox. :) No doubt Ken and Lance have both benefitted from their close proximity and I'm really interesting to see how those pups from Jinga and Hobo turn out. Those are 2 sensational dogs and Gwen seems really excited about those pups. They could be the next generation of superstars. Especially with Lance and Ken leading the way of "race-hardening" their dogs by doing the Quest and Iditarod back-to-back. I'm amazed that they're able to do it. It's really remarkable.

E
Skip95

Postby Skip95 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:08 am

Okay, did Ken make it to Elim 1st?! (of those fighting it out for 3rd). His GPS tracker is showing 0 mph just outside of Elim...not sure if Buser beat him or not. I'm at the edge of my seat here!
Skip95

Postby jsk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:12 am

Skip95 wrote:Okay, did Ken make it to Elim 1st?! (of those fighting it out for 3rd). His GPS tracker is showing 0 mph just outside of Elim...not sure if Buser beat him or not. I'm at the edge of my seat here!

Hans Gatt is in front of him, I think, though Hans doesn't have GPS, so it's hard to tell. The board has Hans ahead by something like five minutes! I'm looking forward to keeping up with the Hobo/Jango pups too, but Ken has some two-year-olds in this race that are shaping up very nicely! (Well, at least one two-year-old that I know of. He dropped one earlier in the race.)

It's a real nail biter, for sure!
jsk

Postby Skip95 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:13 pm

Holy cow, Ken is FLYING! He's been posting 8s and 7s the entire way to WM. He's now only 19 miles behind Lance and Jeff (except for that darn 8 man). His run to WM is going to leave nothing but melted trail for the others to slog through. Way to go Ken! Go get em!

E
Skip95

Postby Skip95 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:36 pm

Breaking News! Gwen just posted update #19! Really good comments from her:

"So now the waiting game starts for team number 3 to arrive. Ken, Hans Gatt and Ramey Smyth left from Elim within 15 minutes of one another and it is anyone’s guess who will get here first. In any case, this is going to be an incredible race between probably three of the most athletic mushers in the race. "

And

"The teams who elected to take a short rest in Elim are also far from out of the picture. They may very well post faster run times as a result of a little extra rest on their teams. And there are some strong names in that next group, with several names touted as having a real shot at winning. Gebhardt, Seavey, and Kjetil left Elim 1:45 behind Ken, which they hopefully will not be able to make up. At this time, no one else has left Elim which essentially sets the stage for the race for 3rd place between 3, or possibly 6 teams."
Skip95

Postby jsk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:50 pm

Oh man. I have to get away from this computer! :?
jsk

Postby Skip95 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:05 pm

Ken just flew through Golovin going 8mph. He's widened the gap between he and Kjetil to 13 miles. He's roaring!!!

E
Skip95

Postby jsk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:14 pm

I have the phone number that Gwen is looking for! But how to contact White Mountain?
jsk

Postby Di* » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:16 pm

JSK
You could try pm'ing Mith, she called there once I think...or Dilli may know too. Sorry I can't help other than that.
Di*

Postby Skip95 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:16 pm

Maybe reply to her blog? Maybe write to Jon Little's wife, I know she's in contact with him. Wait a sec, isn't the WCK cell # listed on the website? I think Gwen has the phone with her, but I doubt there's cell coverage there....hmmm.....
Skip95

PreviousNext

Return to Follow That Musher!