Heia! Team Norway!

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Heia! Team Norway!

Postby dilli » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:59 am

I'm sure no one's surprised I'm starting Team Norway's "Follow that Musher" thread.

Heia Kjetil !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heia Sigrid!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: 8-) :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :lol:
We've got treats
dilli

Re: Heia! Team Norway!

Postby MotorWerk » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:36 am

Hear hear! I think both Sigrid Ekran and Kjetil (the Professor) Backen will be outstanding this year.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby Johncn » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:27 pm

Hallo,

Beklager, jeg snakker ikke norsk.

However, due to multiple requests, I'm trying to see if I can program a topic icon for all our Norwegian members and fans. It'll be a week or two before I get it working, but I know how to do it!

I just want to thank the Team Norway mushers who have been so gracious, and friendly with the Student Broadcast Team kids the last few Iditarods. Even they have been tired, hurt, or just plain stressed, they have always been a class act in my opinion. I can think of at least 20 interviews they've done with Team Norway mushers, and never a grumpy one in the bunch.

Here's an example: Sigrid Ekran participated in SBT interviews in Anchorage, Unalakleet and Nome.

Below are two pictures from our archives of Sigrid last year after arriving in Unalakleet. She took care of her dogs, and then changed into a sweater for the interview with the kids without complaint. She even REMEMBERED the SBT from Anchorage.

But...here is what you DON'T see in the interview clip because of the camera angle. She had to be in great pain, and tired beyond description, but yet she had time to talk with kids, not just the major media reporters. I believe she was also ill at the time. That's class. We're fans!

Regards,

Johncn
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:11 pm

OUCH...

John, thanks for the REAL inside scoop... ;) As I wrote in a thread to Mia, you ALL at the BSSD do use a much greater service than you could even possibly imagine.
Here in Illinois it is kinda hard to find good (any) Iditarod (much less any other race) coverage...

dare I say, very humbly...GoSigridGo... Image

tsfr
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby MotorWerk » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:40 am

Taking time to speak to the youngsters in a condition like that... that is commitment.

Having been roughed around like that could easily put some mental strains on you, but I hope Sigrid has forgotten all about it and won't let it influence her mushing.

ps. I broke my nose once (I got a hockey puck in my face), and I can tell you it hurts like hell (am I allowed to say "hell" here?). I was in agony for two weeks and experienced jolting pain each time I touched the nose.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby Di* » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:08 am

:) Yes, she is a tough cookie and definitely one to watch for this year!
Di*

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:16 am

MotorWerk wrote:...ps. I broke my nose once (I got a hockey puck in my face), and I can tell you it hurts like hell (am I allowed to say "hell" here?). I was in agony for two weeks and experienced jolting pain each time I touched the nose.

MotorWerk OUCH....my son took a stick to the face last year, yes they wear face cages but it somehow made its way through...he lost a tooth and half of another one. His only real regrets were missing 1/2 the game and that my ex-wife made him get a crown on the tooth...he wanted the tough look...LOL

I am pretty sure your statement is allowed, after all, I'm sure thats what it hurt like. ...again...Ouch!

daniel
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby bourgeois_rage » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:18 pm

Wow, I forgot how much pain Sigrid was in. Thanks for those pictures, John.
My status
bourgeois_rage

Skype ID: bourgect

Postby MotorWerk » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:41 am

Here's an article I found about Kjetil Backen. It's from Feb. 5th, and he talks a bit of his expectations regarding the Iditarod. I haven't been able to reach the journalist yet (he wasn't in his office and didn't answer his cell), so a translation will have to wait.

Hopefully he'll agree on a translation...

http://www.ta.no/lokal_sport/article3327349.ece

Edit: Just had a nice chat with the journalist, Hans Eivind Oygarden, and he gave to go-ahead for a translation. I'll start working on it when I get home from work later today. Oygarden was in fact on his way to see Backen when I spoke with him - he was going to make another pre-race article which I was also given permission to translate. :D :D
I told him to say hello to Kjetil from all of us here at the IditaProject forum.
-exit body, exit mind-

MotorWerk

Postby Di* » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:44 am

Wonderful! You should all be getting a commission for your translating efforts!
Di*

Next

Return to Follow That Musher!