Melissa Owens

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Melissa Owens

Postby jrm » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:58 am

Jumped ahead of the other two battling rookies to be the leading rookie right now!

And pretty soon her dogs will know that they are heading home (Nome) and that surely must be in her favour too!

Go Melissa!
JRM's head is the home of the Irish Jack Russell Sled Dog Team
And introducing the Air-cooled Flat 4 Bikejoring Team...pics to follow....no not Jack Russells, but GSPx and a BCx
jrm

Re: Melissa Owens

Postby Di* » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:07 am

8-) Very impressed with rookie Melissa Owen's rookie run! What a nofrills, solid musher she is..WOW! I look forward to seeing her future onfold, looks pretty promising from here! Great job Melissa!!
Di*

Postby fladogfan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:44 am

Here is a series of 12 photos of Melissa's arrivial in Nome. Look on bottom of page to see all pics.
From adn,

http://www.adn.com/photos/iditarod/v-ga ... 42873.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: CONGRATULATIONS MELISSA :lol: :lol: :lol:
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby bourgeois_rage » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:41 am

Link
Owens, who still is in high school, finished her rookie race in 30th place to take home $1,800. But she'll have to deduct about $30 of that for breakfast at Fat Freddies, a local restaurant, after losing a bet with Ed Stielstra of McMillan, Mich., on who would cross the finish line first. Stielstra finished the race in 29th place, one position ahead of Owens.

:lol:

More info here
My status
bourgeois_rage

Skype ID: bourgect

Postby dashdel » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:57 am

Wonder if she is going to blow through Takotna.? I like this musher.
dashdel

Postby khanisch » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:42 am

anyone hear why Melissa had to scratch in Elim? so close - it must have been a real tough decision?
khanisch

Skype ID: khanisch

Return to Follow That Musher!