Martin Buser

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Martin Buser

Postby StarDancer » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:37 pm

Maybe the Yukon Quest is the only place he MIGHT be able to wear his crazy outfit from this year's Iditarod....
StarDancer

Postby Di* » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:52 am

BB Backer wrote:This is very exciting! :D :D :D Wouldn't you like to get into Martin's head and find out what brought this on? ;)

Yes and yes BB! :lol: Alls quiet on their blog so no clues there! I'm glad he is up for a new challenge and really hope he does well!

MelanieGouldFanBrian wrote:Good to hear Martin's going to try his hand at the Quest! Something good is always possible when you give yourself a new challenge! :D
MGF Brian

Hope so Brian! :D

I see another favorite of mine, Hugh Neff, hasn't signed up yet, wonder why????
Di*

Postby Di* » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:00 am

Di* wrote:I see another favorite of mine, Hugh Neff, hasn't signed up yet, wonder why????

:roll: Never mind, I see his name is on the list now!

:) Just spent some time looking through Iditarod '08 pictures(in the 'gallery' section) on Martin's website :) So fun to see Martin and Rohn and I hope that they have a kennel update SOON :lol: :D ! Would like to hear from Martin about his decision to race the Quest. Was interesting reading his bio on the Quest site too, so glad Martin is doing something new and different, hope it is an inspiring race for him and his awesome team.

8-) GOOOOOOOOO MARTIN!!! :D
Di*

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:11 pm

Martin Buser Fans

I have been trying to figure out how to add this video of Martin I took at the 2006 Ceremonial start to this thread. I am somewhat of a computer moron and had to get my nephew to help me. CAUTION: I was videotaping AND taking photo's at the same time so there are moments of mad moving about and video camera aimed at the ground while I was taking pics. Also a fellow in a blue jacket who stood right in front of me quite a bit! But I think I captured Martin's dimples, a fact that should appeal to Di :D
If this works I'll post the video of Mel on her thread.
MGF Brian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF3wQt_1DD0

You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby BB Backer » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:14 am

MGF Brian,
Thanks for sharing the video! :D You lucky dog! 8-) Loved the dimples! :D :D :D
Was that Nikolai on the sled with Martin? I thought I saw Rohn handling too.
You said you were taking pictures besides the video. Do you, by chance, have any of them to share? :D :D :D

Go Team Buser!!!
BB Backer
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
BB Backer

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:12 am

BB Backer:
I know how it is! Late Summer and you haven't heard much about or seen your favorite musher for months. I'm happy to supply you and Di and all Buser fanatics with a Martin Buser fix-circa March 4, 2006. (actually I may have already sent these photo's to Di. I Think!)
MGFB
Perhaps I'll start a thread and post a few other pics I took that day like Rachael and Hugh Neff. Look for that elsewhere.

You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby Di* » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:46 am

:D You rock Brian! Thanks for my "Martin fix" :lol: And yes, you did send me those pics but it is great you posted them here for everyone to enjoy :D I enjoyed hearing the announcer's intro even when the pics was disrupted, gave me a little thrill of what it must be like to be there in person :D
Di*

Postby BB Backer » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:17 pm

MGF Brian,
Yes, you do rock! :D :D Thanks for sharing the pictures of Martin. You can never have too much Martin! ;)
I sure wish Happy Trails would update their website. Now that Kathy is retired, she shouldn't have to worry about getting ready for school. I'd love to hear what's going on over there.

Go Team Buser!!!
BB Backer
BB Backer

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:44 am

BB Backer:
You may have seen Rohn with Martin, but Nikolai shouldn't have been on Martin's sled because he was actually musher #85 in the 2006 race. I believe he was running the ceremonial start for somebody else. Unfortunately the Iditarod site doesn't give you bib #'s for these races so I don't know yet who #85 was supposed to be. But I checked the video and it was Nikolai who took off on the last sled of Iditarod 2006.

MGF Brian
P.S. You should be able to save those Martin pics I posted and blow them up and print them if you like. The very top one was an scanned from an 8x10 so I know it will print up large and clear!
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby BB Backer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:10 am

My favorite shot is the one with Martin schmootzying (sweet talking/kissing) his pooch. You've got to love that! :D :D :D

Hey Brian, when are you going back? My goal is to go up for Iditarod 2010. I've got to start saving my pennies. :o

Go Team Buser!!!
BB Backer
BB Backer

PreviousNext

Return to Follow That Musher!