Martin Buser

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Martin Buser

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:14 am

I very much want to go back, but don't know when I'll be able to swing it again. My goal (if you can believe I would have such a goal) is to save enough Dubloons to win the auction to be Mel's iditarider the first year she gets back to racing! :D Now that's what I call a GOAL!
The trick BBB is to get a Flight-Hotel combo on Travelocity or Price Line to save some cash. Also make sure the hotel is right downtown so you can just walk to the start line. And get to the start line early to get that great spot by the start banner.
I posted some other 2006 start photo's on the Follow That Musher thread taken from where I was just in front of the start banner. Rachael, DeeDee, Jeff.

MGF Brian
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby emwcee » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:46 pm

Brian- So what do the hotels usually run there -- or what would a hotel/flight cost? I'm still daring to dream about going in 2009, but I'm just not sure. My lodging might not work out after all, and my husband actually said I could look into what a hotel would cost. I have a friend who may go with me. If you get a hotel close to downtown, can you do everything without renting a car?
emwcee

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:38 pm

I'll PM ya!

MGFB
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby BB Backer » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:58 pm

MGF Brian,
I wouldn't mind hearing that information you are sending emwcee. Iditarod 2010 is not all that far away, and I need to know how many pennies I have to put aside for the trip. ;)

Happy Trails has updated their website with a little insight into why Martin is doing the Quest. :D :D :D http://www.buserdog.com/

Go Team Buser!!!
BB Backer
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
BB Backer

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:34 pm

I'll PM ya too!
MGFB
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby Di* » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:26 pm

WOW :shock:
News from Martin's website, he is on the road with the McCain/Palin bus tour! Sure didn't expect that!
Kathy also confirmed the GMA segment & said they were there filming last week. Check out all the news at..
http://www.buserdog.com
Di*

Postby Moose » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:49 pm

The "First Dude" was in northern Maine this weekend, but no one mentioned Martin. :cry:
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Di* » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:45 pm

I feel your pain Moose, if only you'd known you could have gone and peeked in those tinted bus windows! :lol: :lol: Don't suppose the security detail would have stood for that though! Ha! :lol:
Di*

Postby Moose » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:04 am

Yup, I'd have driven right up there, Di, and got an autograph for each of us! Martin's autograph, that is. :D
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Di* » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:59 am

In Lieu of that autograph Moose, we can enjoy his pic right?! :lol: :lol: Sigh!

martin-buser.jpg

8-) 8-) GO TEAM MARTIN!!!!!!!! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Di*

PreviousNext

Return to Follow That Musher!