Martin Buser

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Martin Buser

Postby BB Backer » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:43 am

That trip looks awesome :D :D , but it's a little out of my price range. :( I could rush out and buy some lottery tickets, but I'm not too optimistic about my chances. ;) Ah well, another once in a lifetime opportunity missed! :cry: I wish the winner of the auction would write a blog about the experience. That would be cool! 8-)

CynCyn37, what's the link to the webcam to watch the bears? I'd like to join you in Dorkville :) and watch that myself. :D

As always, "Go team Buser!"
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
BB Backer

Postby Di* » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:16 pm

BB Backer wrote:That trip looks awesome :D :D , but it's a little out of my price range. :( I could rush out and buy some lottery tickets, but I'm not too optimistic about my chances. ;) Ah well, another once in a lifetime opportunity missed! :cry: I wish the winner of the auction would write a blog about the experience. That would be cool!

I agree BB, way outta my league! No extra money around here but I'm sure some lucky(&rich) git(gotta love those Tangleisms :lol: )will be taking our places with Martin! :lol:
Wonder how that all came about, haven't heard of any other trips/experiences like this with other mushers have you? It would be fun to hear about it on a blog, maybe Jon Little or ITC will cover it somehow? Not holding my breath for that though! Take care and keep your eyes peeled for any Martin news to post here, I'm always checking in here no matter what time of the year it is!
Di*

Postby Holly Golightly » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:15 pm

I'd assume the choices are a bit limited, Di, when it comes to mushers who are "marketable" enough (I hate to have to use that word, but the ITC is probably thinking in that direction) for people to bid lots of $$$ to hang out w/ them while watching *hungry grizzly bears*. :shock: Lance Mackey's the reigning champ, but something tells me his schedule is already overloaded; Jeff King's recogniseable but isn't always readily available due to Cabelas' committments (and right now there's the lingering shadow of illegal moose-mischief hanging over his head!); DeeDee's "everyone's" sweetie but doesn't fit the fun-to-watch-grizzlies-with niche; etc. So that's why there aren't any similar opportunities, at least from my guess.

(I wasn't the winning bidder--never even cast a bid, in fact. The knowledge that grizzly bears sometimes eat people was enough to make me say "Not me, no way, not even for a chance to schmooze." I just hope that whoever won appreciates the whole experience and says "Thank you!" a zillion times.)
Holly Golightly

Postby BB Backer » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:56 am

Lucky & rich ;) Betsy from Connecticut is the winner of the Martin Buser Bear Watching Trip for a mere $6,800. Man, I wish I could be her porter for the trip! :) :) Betsy if you are out there, we'd love for you to write a blog and take lots of pictures. :D

I hope they offer that same trip again when I hit the lottery jackpot. :lol:

Go team Buser!!!!
BB Backer

Postby Di* » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:59 pm

Anyone heard anything about this trip? Would sure like to hear about it but suppose that is just wishful thinking!
Back in the good ole days Jon Little would probably cover it but guess that there is a black hole in regard to off season reporting now :( HUGE bummer! :( :evil:
Di*

Postby Di* » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:50 am

:shock: WOW! Am I ever excited, Martin has signed up to run the Yukon Quest this year!!!!!

He's never run it before and has always favored a more groomed trail so this is pretty surprising! Glad that he is mixing it up and trying new things :D

:D Can't wait to cheer you on down the trail Martin! :D
Di*

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:24 am

Hey Di:
Good to hear Martin's going to try his hand at the Quest! Something good is always possible when you give yourself a new challenge! :D
MGF Brian
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby BB Backer » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:15 pm

This is very exciting! :D :D :D Wouldn't you like to get into Martin's head and find out what brought this on? ;) Maybe two boys in college was the deciding factor. :lol: :lol: I'm hoping it is because he thinks he's got a really strong team this year. :D

Go Team Buser!! :D :D :D
BB Backer

Postby txbennett » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:13 pm

Maybe it's as simple as the last two Irods have "proven" that running the Quest is the best way to prepare for the Iditarod. "Follow the Leader" means follow Lance, including following his training schedule. ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

TXbennett
txbennett

Postby Heidi » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:28 pm

Oh wow, this is very exciting news! And I think it's great for the Quest too! :D
Heidi

PreviousNext

Return to Follow That Musher!