Martin Buser

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Martin Buser

Postby BB Backer » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:08 pm

Holly Golightly - Yes, I do use Firefox, so that's why it worked. Here I thought maybe I had the magical touch. ;)

I'm sure the podcast was well worth two sessions. Martin always makes for a great interview. He's very articulate and is always willing to share with his audience. What did you think of his tale of the Alpinrod and the dog team going over the cliff because of the photographer? It's funny now, but I can't imagine how scary it was at the time.

Still checking my mailbox patiently, and am hoping the DVD will arrive by Saturday. Watching it would be a great way to kick off this year's race. :D
Go team Buser!!! :)
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
BB Backer

Postby Di* » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:33 pm

Hey BB just got my Team Shirt Saturday and it is so cool! Even has Martin's little face on the musher, sometimes there isn't a face just a musher(know what I mean?). Anyway, had to smile when I saw that! Now I wouldn't mind a bit BIGGER pic of him on a shirt! ;) Also a cute paw print on the sleeve!

Too bad the video wasn't ready when I ordered the shirt or I'd have that as well! Ah well, gives me something to look forward to..Let me know how you like the video when it arrives, I'm sure it will be well worth every penny, hope it has some indepth coverage! They threw in a trading card too, so now I have Martin's card! Wonder if Rohn has a card for this year? Could be a real collectible I'd think!
Di*

Postby Di* » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:22 pm

Here is the link for a nice piece about Rohn & Martin, a MUST read for every Buser Fan! Answers the question if Rohn will have a puppy team....enjoy! :D

http://www.frontiersman.com/articles/20 ... 744928.txt
Di*

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:55 pm

Well, Di--that article sure answered one question, but promptly raises another one. A kinda-awful one, in truth.

The new question: "But who will take over when Martin gets...too old...to mush anymore? Joe Redington had the strength of a dynasty behind him in his later years, but here...?" :?

And in your prev post--wipe your chin, b/c you're drooling! Ha ha.

BBB--the bit about the Alpirod and the cliff, well, let's just say that some people's guardian angels deserve hazard pay.

I need to go finish packing now....
Holly Golightly

Postby BB Backer » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:39 pm

Di - Thanks for the Frontiersman article. I enjoyed it. Glad to hear Martin will be taking the "A" team. I'm hoping this year will be lucky #5! But I wouldn't worry about Rohn having to babysit the first timers, as Sue Allen is running their puppy team. Dad said Rohn will have a competitive team, and you can bet there will be plenty of strong leaders with swift feet in his team as well. Plus with all that cross country training, I'm hoping to see ROTY honors waiting for Rohn in Nome.

Martin's website also lists an article from ADN. http://adserver1.harvestadsdepot.com/anchoragedn/ss/075845/ p. 7
That's another nice piece, good pics, and other Iditarod info.

Holly G- I don't even want to think about the dynasty ending with Martin. :( But I'm sure those Buser boys will be successful in whatever they do. They are both very bright kids raised with a great work ethic.:) Here's to many more successful years in Martin's future too.

Di-Your new shirt sounds great. I should have ordered one when I ordered the DVD. :( (Still anxiously awaiting its arrival.) :roll: I really like the Buser Booster shirt I got last year with the individual dog team members. I noticed that Rohn is wearing that same shirt in the ADN article.

Go Team Buser!
BB Backer

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:46 pm

BBB--I don't want to think about it either, in all honesty, esp since he's been my fave musher for many years. But today I was forced to think long and hard about mortal-ness in general: I came within inches of having a very nasty car accident, so blame that for my glum turn of thought. (And part of me is struggling with the age-perception switch that's come from following mushing closely after many years of having baseball as a primary interest and mushing as a secondary. In baseball, few players make it to even 40; my first favorite retired at only 37. To switch focus and be able to see a 49-year-old as still competitive is not 100% simple.)

I ordered the latest Tshirt at the same time I ordered the DVD, heh heh heh. But of course, it'll get here and I won't be around. Instead, I'll be up having a blast....My apartment-sitter will get to watch the film before I do! :mrgreen:

Di and BBB, do either of you have the official HTK logo shirt too?

Drive for FIVE!!!!!
Holly Golightly

Postby Di* » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:38 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Di and BBB, do either of you have the official HTK logo shirt too?

Drive for FIVE!!!!!

I have the fastest time (flag shirt)autographed my Martin and the champion ITC one from his last win...
Di*

Postby BB Backer » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:18 pm

Alas, I do not have the HTK shirt. :( However, I do have the very cool 2004 Booster shirt, as well as last year's. Between Di, Holly, and myself, we must have nearly ALL the Buser shirts ever printed. :D Just think, our support has probably helped keep countless Buser pups in booties. :lol:

Holly - Glad to hear it was a near miss accident and not the real thing. Things will look brighter when the race starts. Martin's positive attitude is contagious, and I don't think he'll let his age get the best of him. Plus, with his OMS (old musher sled), and all his savvy and experience, I think he'll be a threat to win for quite some time.

Drive for Five!!!...Love that!
BB Backer

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:15 am

Ya ain't kidding, BBB. You know how they say that one's life flashes before one's eyes? Well, I can personally say that it's not true: instead, I had potential repair bills flashing before my eyes. Not even 24 hours before takeoff, and it was looking for a moment like takeoff wouldn't ever happen! :shock:

And what're you two waiting for, get the logo shirt! Our boy has a kid in college and another soon to follow; the tuition's gotta be paid for somehow! ;) (Never saw the '04 shirt--missed that one! Describe, please?)

Gotta run--my "chauffer" to the airport will be here soon.

Drive for FIVE!!!!!
Holly Golightly

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:54 pm

wearing my 2002 champions shirt with martin on the front, i must go take a look at the new buser shirt and dvd, its hard gettign stuff from the us at times though when you live in the uk...but i normaly find a way of paying and waiting for stuff to arrive, it took the itc 4 months to deliver my last lot of stuff from last year! i nearly gave up! and then one day it arrived, love getting stuff with an AK post mark!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

PreviousNext

Return to Follow That Musher!