Martin Buser

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Martin Buser

Postby BB Backer » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:06 pm

Holly - You wanted a description of my 2004 Buser Booster shirt, so here goes. It really is my favorite. It's a grey long sleeved shirt with what looks like a big postage stamp on the front with the head of Inca, one of Martin's beautiful white superstars. The contrasts make it really stand out. The border of the stamp lists Martin's wins and the stamp is cancelled with a Buser Booster Club pawprint. Plus their are pawprints up the arm. My description doesn't do the shirt justice, but it is very cool. :D

Tangles - Too bad you always have to battle the postal woes living in the UK, but hey, isn't it worth it?

Drive for five!!!!!!!!
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
BB Backer

Postby Johncn » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:12 pm

Hello,

Just an FYI for Martin Buser fans that the SBT students were honored to spend some time at his kennel today. Mr.Buser was gracious enough to grant an interview to the kids, even though it's the day before the Ceremonial Start.

Editing of the footage and still images is being done now, and we expect lots of this media to be posted this evening. Part of the crew is working the computers this evening while a couple of others do interviews down at the Redington Exhibit in about 45 minutes.

Regards,

Johncn
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby dilli » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:24 pm

GoTeam SBT and JohncAnGo!

*incoming brownies and cocoa*
We've got treats
dilli

Postby Johncn » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:23 am

Hey There,

Here is one of the clips from today with Martin Buser. He and his wife were great hosts, and the kids enjoyed their visit, learned a great deal, and found out why he has so many fans.

Lots more video in the can, and/or in Final Cut or Compressor at the moment. The kids are still editing, but we are trying to pry their fingers off the keyboards, as we have early wake up calls, and LOTS of shooting tomorrow. Great job today, guys and gals.

Martin Buser Interview - Friday, February 29, 2008

More later, and one with Rohn.

Regards,

Johncn
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby feyer » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:46 am

Johncn,

This is great stuff. Thanks
feyer

Postby cat » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:40 am

I wish you Martin fans could see the set up one of my neighbors on the ceremonial trail does for Martin every year! They are old friends of his. A huge banner going across the trail, big flags everywhere, a bonfire is already burning, muffins to give away, lights on the trees.... it's pretty cool.
cat
(formerly ns on cabela's)
cat

Postby BB Backer » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:22 pm

Di & Holly - My "For the Love of Dogs" dvd arrived today. :D :D :D I haven't had a chance to view it, but hope to tonight IF I can tear myself away from the GPS tracker. The dvd comes autographed by Martin & two 2007 musher cards (one dog card- Sam, one of the "RahRah" boys & then a Martin card). Hope yours arrive soon too.

Drive for FIVE!!!!
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
BB Backer

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:49 pm

Hey ev'rybody!!! I finally remembered to hit the forums again--what a splendid several days!

BBB, don't go telling us all how cool the DVD is before we've had a chance to see it. ;) There's copies of it available in the Iditarod store at the mall, and I felt like sticking a Postit note saying "Help put his kids through college, buy it off http://www.buserdog.com instead!" but my friend who's schlepping me around would probably have thought I was deranged....

Di, you need to get up here for next year's race! You might end up as fortunate as I was! Hugs! Pix! Video footage of me getting a bit snuggy-wuggy! Autographs! Wisecracks! Two bowls of stew at the open house (to which my friend and I were personally invited!)--two bowls that prompted what I can only describe as a gentle razzing about my eating habits!

Who cares that I had cold toes while waiting on Sat and Sunday for the younger generation to go! Who cares that my friend probably thought I was bonkers! What a wonderful time!

DRIVE FOR FIVE!!!!!
Holly Golightly

Postby Di* » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:13 pm

>>>>>>> :D HOLLY, HOLLY, HOLLY!!!! :D <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Way to go, I'm so proud of you! So more details on the snuggy wuggy bit.... :lol:
Wow that sounds amazingly sweet! Can you post any of your video? I would absolutely love to see it! Yea, I think it would take a miracle for me to be able to go next year but it is fun hearing about your experiences, I've been starved for Martin info! So did you tell him any of those hugs was from ME :x :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: ! Did he have an open house? Or was that all at the banquet?

Glad you got your video BB, mine should be coming shortly! Yipppeeeee! :D
Di*

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:04 pm

Oh NO! :oops: :oops: Di, I forgot to specify when I hugged him that not all the hugs were from me--ohhhh I knew I was forgetting something! Aw krud...must go find an oosik and flagellate myself in penance now.... :shock:

I have no idea of how to post video; the camcorder I have isn't even mine: it belongs to my parents and is so old it still takes VHS-C tapes. I wasn't even sure how to work the darn thing at first, and my friend who was holding it while I was getting up close and personal didn't know how to make it work either; we do know we have footage, but that's all I know at this point as I can't even replay the darn thing. And we have still pix, but I have no way currently of posting them either as the film must be developed first; OLD camera.

The snuggy-wuggy bit, well, I hope you weren't thinking anything naughty, haha: it's just that while delivering the first hug, I was so overwhelmed (getting a head-rush from the charisma, plus he was wearing very nice cologne!) that I ended up nestling (that's my friend's word) my head against his chest. (He's the perfect height for such snuggling, much to my surprise and joy.) My friend said later "It was a cute moment, you were all snuggled in and he was grinning like 'Awww, this one's my new favorite fan!' He didn't mind at all."

The stew was at the open house, as were most of the wisecracks. Indeed, if/when Martin and I cross paths again in life, there is a very good chance that he'll say "I remember you--Holly the two-fisted eater!" Oh well, c'est la vie, it was a cute moment too. :)

OK, I need to stop with the slobbering....I don't care how much money it takes, Di; you *need* to get up here next year. Don't go as part of a tour, that's what'd eat your cash. Go solo like I'm doing!

DRIVE FOR FIVE!!!!!

PS--BBB, that shirt sounds really nice! Wish I'd known back then to get one....
Holly Golightly

PreviousNext

Return to Follow That Musher!