Martin Buser

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Martin Buser

Postby RAIMIS2 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:53 pm

Judging from the times, it looks like Martin was able to see his son Rohn pull into Rohn. Call me goofy, but i think that's pretty cool.
RAIMIS2

Postby Di* » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:31 am

Yea that is pretty cool Raimis2! :D Jon Little also had this to say in his latest update...
""The fact that the Busers are running together and still very competitive is a fascinating development.""

Let's go Martin and Rohn! I'm sure it is a very special experience for Martin to see Rohn doing so well. I'm not surprised I picked him as ROTY way back when I heard he was gonna run this year~!!

GO TEAM BUSER .....DRIVE FOR FIVE(Right Holly? :lol: )
Di*

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:53 am

OK, let's see here. I won't be at the finish line in Nome, Di; much as I'd've loved to be, there was the matter of finances *and* the matter of my job--my boss was already wailing, as I walked out the door last Tuesday, "Don't leave me here with these freaks!" She's terrified that I'm going to call and say "I quit, I'm staying here!" Which is verrrry tempting.

And I hate to be a "downer", but maybe we should drop the DFF slogan, or at least tone it down for the time being...it looks like there's too dang much of a gap between the lead group (which does, I'll note, include my 2nd-fave, Mitch Seavey) and either of our boyz. Sigh...!

BBB--maybe someone should mail copies to the animal-rights nuts, enlighten them and open their eyes! Or maybe not. My apartment sitter has probably already watched it and gone all head-over-heels too. :lol:
Holly Golightly

Postby Di* » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:27 am

Hey Chin Up Holly! :)
I remember the last couple of years Martin led early and ended up running out of steam so maybe he is trying something different this year? He may have hit some bad trail with the warm temps and the pack ahead of him too. Saw Rohn had to drop a lot of dogs and is down to 12(I think it was) now..Who knows, I feel it is really too early to get too bummed, lots can happen and they haven't even taken their 24's yet...
Lance doesn't have a whole lot of rest banked(according to a post I read somewhere else)in comparison with Martin. Stuff like that ends up having an affect as the race wears on. Plus he's had to drop good ole Hobo & do a lot of switching to find leaders so he may not have it all so easy either....I see Mitch is in first now as some of them are already starting their 24's so it is a real mixed bag yet...Things are starting to shape up but it is far from over! Keep believing!
Di*

Postby Breeze » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:13 pm

Gotta love Team Buser. Things are going well for both of them. Rohn, wave bubbye to yer Dad, he's set you free. He'll see you in Nome!

Breeze
Breeze

Postby BB Backer » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:36 pm

I just watched a clip from II where Rohn came into Takotna and signed in. He's a lefty, just like his dad. Talk about Rohn - the clone! :lol:
He looked alert and fine, as did his dogs. Go Rohn! Here's to a safe trip and possible ROTY honors.

Holly - I'm not ready to give up the "Drive for Five" mantra yet. Martin is posting fast times and logging a lot of rest. There's a lot of race left. :D
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
BB Backer

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:15 pm

Holy...! :shock: :shock: :shock:

What--how--aw heck, I don't *care* how it happened, but I checked the standings for the 1st time since some time this AM, when dear ol' M was 20th...and he's in SIXTH place at the moment, an impressive leap. All it'd take is a bit of luck for him to be breathing down Paul G's neck! Well OK maybe more than a bit of luck, but I must say, I am happy to note that my growing not-this-year-oh-well-that's-life funk has been almost totally eradicated.

And Rohn's in ninth place?! Talk about "wow" factor; I was a wee bit concerned prerace that the kid would be lagging in the back of the pack but I am once again pleasantly surprised. (BBB--I knew he was a lefty too after seeing him signing stuff at the banquet. I would've gotten his autograph too; probably *should* have in fact, but I was feeling a bit frisky by that point. A frisky me plus a cute young man might have equalled chaos!)

Drinks are on me today, y'all! "Roll in the Snow" cocktails all around! It's my signature drink, thought up after watching the Ceremonial start. Recipe to follow if anyone wants!

I believe, I believe! DRIVE FOR FIVE!!!!!
Holly Golightly

Postby Di* » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:17 pm

What did I tell ya Holly! ;) :lol:
Di*

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:49 pm

talk about chip off the old block! how much like his dad is he when hes mushing! it could have been the same clip twice over!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Heidi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:34 am

From Cripple with love...

:D :D :D Go Martin Go!!! :D :D :D

From buserdog.com:

"Looking at Martin's rest times show that he's getting more rest than he ever has on the trail. Keeping the tank full until the coast. He's not really looking at what other teams are doing right now ~ just driving his dogs to maximize THEIR potential."
Heidi

PreviousNext

Return to Follow That Musher!