Martin Buser

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Martin Buser

Postby Di* » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:06 am

Getting so exciting, not long now until Martin and Rohn hit the trail together! What a neat thing to be able to do together!

Their website has a new update and good news, the new DVD of their kennel is about to be released! You can bet I'll be first in line for a video, next best thing to being there! Also take a look at their cool new shirt for this year, yes I've already ordered that :lol:

For all the Rohn fans, he has his own page at the website so don't miss that either!

GO TEAM BUSER! 8-)
Di*

Re: Martin Buser

Postby sc-race-fan » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:57 pm

I've been a Buser fan for awhile too. I'm not sure that after the race starts, they will run together long, but I can speak from experience that doing adventure things with your kids and seeing them grow is a thrill!!
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby Holly Golightly » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:49 pm

Hey Di--I'll be right behind ya in line for the DVD! Haven't ordered the latest shirt yet b/c I need to discuss w/ my Iditabuddies at work and see who else wants one; I'm the designated order-placer. (Long story.)

Should be a splendid year...!
Holly Golightly

Postby BB Backer » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:20 pm

BB (Buser Boys') Backer is here to join the Buser Bandwagon. I'll be there cheering father and son all throughout the race. Here's wishing them a safe and successful journey. Don't forget to cheer on Sue Allen with their puppy team. I can't imagine all that it takes to get three teams ready to run the Iditarod. The Buser website talked about 6000 lbs of goods being shipped for the race. Kathy also said she did ALL the cooking except for Martin's pickled Muktuk...talk about a family affair when it comes to running the Iditarod. Go Team Buser!

By the way, I think I beat Di & Holly Golightly as the first to order the Buser DVD. :D I'll let you know when it arrives.
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
BB Backer

Postby Di* » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:24 pm

Here is a nice, but old, interview with Martin;
http://www.sleddogpodcast.com/
Scroll down to Episode 6 "Dad, Musher, Champion & Patriot" Sept.29,2007

Well worth a listen for any Martin Fan!
Di*

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:46 pm

Well, BBB, if you ordered before Sat AM, then I know for sure you beat me--I ordered it then, despite the fact that I won't be home when it arrives. My apartment-sitter has been put on alert to "watch for a package w/ an AK return addy."

And is it just computers in my area, or is everyone having trouble seeing the pix from the food drop update? I tried four different computers in 3 different locations, and a friend of mine tried last nite, and not a one came up. Sigh!
Holly Golightly

Postby Di* » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:12 pm

Holly-
Kathy said her webmaster is working on the picture problem....I posted that somewhere else, (must have been the other forum!) Easy to get confused when I keep switchin back and forth!
Di*

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:40 pm

Ah-HA! So that's why things were so...nonvisual. The 1st time, I just blamed my computer, which due to old phone lines and dial-up has a habit of not loading pix. But when the college library computers showed the same little white-box-with-red-X deal, I began wondering.

And due to my Email account's Spam filter being prone to eating EVERYTHING, I didn't dare Email and ask. I would've never gotten a reply, since my darn filter would've consigned it arbitrarily to the Deleted file. Happens all the time. :shock:
Holly Golightly

Postby BB Backer » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:06 pm

Holly & Di - I haven't had any trouble viewing the food drop pictures. I check their site regularly and the pics are always there. I do have a highspeed internet connection, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the podcast link. I enjoyed listening to it again. Looking at Martin holding the little black puppy reminded me of my visit to his kennel. While we were watching his video presentation, he brought in a 1 week old little black puppy for me to hold...absolutely adorable. That puppy would now be about 3 1/2 years old. I always wondered if that puppy made the Iditarod team. I choose to believe that puppy is one of Martin's stars. 8-)
During that interview, Martin mentioned how he and Kathy will be starting a bed and breakfast when they become empty nesters. Di, that would be the perfect time for your visit. Wouldn't that be a cool place to stay! :D

I don't know if you noticed, but that podcast interview was done by Dr. Tim Hunt. I watched him in the UP200 last week in Michigan. He's another great guy.

Holly, I do think I beat you to the punch. I ordered my Buser DVD on Tues. the 12th. I'm anxiously checking the mailbox each day. :lol:
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
BB Backer

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:14 pm

BBB--you apparently have Firefox for a browser, too, b/c as the next-to-latest update says and as my experience today comfirms, that's the only known browser that lets the photos show up. I had to "misuse" my status as a minor staff member at my local college in order to track down a computer that showed the pix and view the "trailer" for the DVD, too. (Hey, when that arrives in your mailbox, don't go and blab everything to those of us who are still waitin' on our copies, haha.) ;)

that podcast, all I can say is "Oh my, wow." I had to listen to it in two parts when it 1st was posted, as I couldn't go tying up a computer for a whole hour. Definitely worth checking out!
Holly Golightly

Next

Return to Follow That Musher!