Martin Buser

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Martin Buser

Postby Di* » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:21 pm

:lol: OK so you are technically challenged! Most of us are but I can't believe you have a camera with FILM?! :lol: Just jokin Holly! You can get pics on here when you get them developed..I'll coach you through the process! Anyhow, heard via one of Mith's reports that he was wearing a suit so that was about it for Martin news!
Really fun hearing about your trip Holly, glad someone can get me my Martin fix! Don't know that I'd be that brave to snuggle with him though :shock: :lol: :D You crack me up! :lol:
Di*

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:52 pm

Di, in all honesty I didn't know, until I was actually *doing* it, that I was brave enough to snuggle either. And yes, he was wearing a suit (as my friend said, "He cleans up really good!"). If not for the dimples-and-crinkles grin, I probably would've had a devil of a time spotting him in the crowd!

I crack up everyone...guess it's my talent in life.

DRIVE FOR FIVE!!!!!

PS--how irritating is the above sign-off going to get? If I need to stop that, let me know....
Holly Golightly

Postby Di* » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:29 pm

:lol: :lol:
Di*

Postby boo » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:57 pm

Oh HOLLY, not an oosik!!!! Bleh!
boo
boo

Postby Heidi » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:29 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:it's just that while delivering the first hug, I was so overwhelmed (getting a head-rush from the charisma, plus he was wearing very nice cologne!) that I ended up nestling (that's my friend's word) my head against his chest. (He's the perfect height for such snuggling, much to my surprise and joy.) My friend said later "It was a cute moment, you were all snuggled in and he was grinning like 'Awww, this one's my new favorite fan!' He didn't mind at all."

Sorry Di, but I just know you were dyin' reading that! ;) :D Holly, most of us on this board love Martin - just some of us love him more than others. heehee :lol: :lol: Martin certainly does clean up nice - and both him and his son are adorable with those dimples! But I like my dimples aged - like a fine wine. ;) :D
Heidi

Postby BB Backer » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:50 am

Holly, you lucky dog!!! :D Glad you enjoyed it enough for all of us.

I'm looking forward to hearing news from Kathy in Big Lake. I suppose we'll hear something when she hears something. I wish they would also update the dog team for this year's race. They still have last year's team listed on the website. I love to hear about each one of those superstars.

It's all about the dogs...and the dimples! :lol:
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
BB Backer

Postby Di* » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:43 am

Heidi wrote:Sorry Di, but I just know you were dyin' reading that! ;) :D Holly, most of us on this board love Martin - just some of us love him more than others. heehee :lol: :lol: Martin certainly does clean up nice - and both him and his son are adorable with those dimples! But I like my dimples aged - like a fine wine. ;) :D

Thanks for sharing my pain Heidi :cry: -yah you know me well ;) :lol: :lol:
Di*

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:43 am

Yes, those splendid dimples...and those eyes. I'm going to get very sentimental here in saying this, but my late grandfather had the same blue eyes that Martin has. So there's a certain amount of what a shrink would call "counter transference" at work here.... :oops:

Boo--what would you suggest that I whack myself with, then?

BBB--I wish Kathy would update too, but maybe she's waiting for somethin' big. Like seizing the lead...?

DRIVE FOR FIVE!!!!!
Holly Golightly

Postby Di* » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:49 am

So BB have you watched the video yet? :lol:

Holly-are you going to the finish line in Nome?
Di*

Postby BB Backer » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:25 pm

Di - You're going to love your "For the Love of Dogs" DVD. :D :D :D The opening line is a quote from Martin. "They do what no other animal can do, for love."
Holly doesn't want me to spoil her premiere of the dvd, so I won't say too much. ;) However there are some really touching moments with Martin and his dogs. If you didn't already love the guy, you'll certainly love him after the video. And there are gorgeous shots of those beautiful canine athletes just flying down the trail. It's all about the dogs!!! :D I can't wait for you to see it for yourself.

Drive for Five!!!
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
BB Backer

PreviousNext

Return to Follow That Musher!