Martin Buser

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Martin Buser

Postby Di* » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:30 pm

Great post BB! :D It's proof Martin's heart is in the right place! Kudos to ALL involved!
Di*

Postby northwapiti » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:21 am

Indeed, I am very thankful to Jon and Martin for their willingness to help out in this study. Too cool.
It also should be noted that Aliy Zirkle and her husband, Allen Moore have done alot of work with Mike Davis and his team of vets on gastric ulcer research too.

My toque (I am Canadian after all) is off to them all!

Karen Ramstead
northwapiti

Postby txbennett » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:27 am

I agree Karen -- Let's all tip our toques to Jon, Martin, Aliy and Allen

:lol: :lol: ;) :lol:

TXbennett
txbennett

Postby SkipMo » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:08 am

I tip my hat to Mike Davis as well. Had the chance to sit down and have lunch with him here in OK a week ago, and he is a guy who genuinely cares about the dogs and the mushers. I respect him and wish I could join him on some of the treks up to the races. I think he's worked with Jeff, Ken, and some other teams as well.

E
SkipMo

Postby BB Backer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:55 am

Congratulations on a great finish on your rookie run of the Quest! :D Kudos to the pups for pulling out a photo finish burst of speed to take 4th! :D
Here's hoping this trip will be a great builder of confidence, conditioning, teamwork, and resolve that can be carried over to Iditarod 09. :D :D :D

Go Team Buser!!!
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
BB Backer

Postby Di* » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:12 am

:D Amen to that BB Backer! I really enjoyed watching Martin run the Quest! I wasn't sure what his plan of attack would be but it sure turned out nicely! I'd love to hear in his own words about his Quest experience...
Di*

Postby Di* » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:08 pm

In Kathy's words from the website;
Nikolai will be 21 on March 21st so I had to get a birthday package in the mail to him before Martin and I leave. I almost had Nikolai in Nome and had to be medivaced back to Providence Hospital in Anchorage for his delivery. He was born right after the Nome Finish Banquet. he once even sang the Iditarod song on the stage in Nome.

Sadly, this is our first Iditarod without the boys at the start and/or finish. We miss them lots. However, we are so happy that both boys are very independent and are enjoying college life.

:( Ahh empty nesters! Must be hard to have the fam apart for something that was so central to the life they shared together...hang in there Kathy, I've heard it gets a little easier with time!
Di*

Postby Di* » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:06 pm

Hey has anyone else noticed the "rainbow" theme Martin has going this year? ;) :lol:

Rainbow colored hat & suspenders, hmmm maybe he is planning on finding his pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? :D

Sure Hope so! :D
Di*

Postby Di* » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:05 pm

From Kathy's blog;
Remember, Martin is running this race with a bit of a new strategy so keep faith.

OK I'm keeping the faith Kathy! ;) :)

GOMARTINGO® :lol: :lol:
Di*

Postby RorysAlpha » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:28 pm

I'm not necessarily a Buser Fan. I just like to follow the race and try to figure who is really ahead and pull for whoever is interesting.

I hadn't been paying much attention to Martin because I haven't had time to look much past the first 5-10 mushers in any detail. I thought his move in passing the bunch doing their 24s was interesting and looked more closely at his race history. The man has been getting ready for this with a whole lot more rest time than any of the leaders. He actual speeds between checkpoints have been really hot.

Whether or not this works out for him is probably going to depend a lot on the weather and the trail. Sounded to me like at least some of the others would have preferred to get further than Takotna before taking their 24 but the trail is full of snow and they decided to give the trail breakers a chance to do their thing. Martin may be able to follow close enough behind the trail breakers to get a good trail that may snow in some again before the others hit it. That could help him a lot and pay back the rest time he has invested. I would think, though, that for it to do a lot of good he would have to get as far as Iditarod for his 24.

Go Martin!
RorysAlpha

PreviousNext

Return to Follow That Musher!