Appetitie & Attitude, a new video about Lance

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Appetitie & Attitude, a new video about Lance

Postby sarida » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:31 pm

Hi Y'all,

To my squealing delight yesterday's mail brought Northern Light Media's new video, Appetite & Attitude. I couldn't get it opened and into the DVD player fast enough. I watched it straight through, then microwaved some dinner and watched it again.

For die hard Lance fans, like myself, its mesmerizing. Its like having a long, fireside conversation with him. Its almost like being there in person. Prehaps its even better, because there are no distractions. He is amazingly candid and open. He offers up insights about the sport that few of us would imagine. He tells us a lot about his own thinking and how he processes observations of dog and musher behaviors.

He gives us the history of mushing in his family, his dad's early endeavors with dogs and how he built his teams. Lance talks about how he and Tonya started their lives together on a beach in the Kenai Peninsula and how the dogs returned to his life. He talks about the cancer and the long term effects of the treatment. This video allows us unprecedented access into Lance's life, intimate, hilarious, heartfelt, determined, and truely dogged.

This is not a critical review. This is South-Paw Sarida telling all those Lance Mackey fans on the list to go as quickly as you can to Northern Light Media's site and order this video!

Thank you Donna, Helen, Teresa and everyone involved in the production of this work. I will be living in anticipation until part 2. I hope in the next video we will get to see more of the dogs and watch that Mackey Magic with them.

Now, onto the All Alaska Sweepstakes.......

South-Paw Sarida
Sarida the Snowless
sarida

Re: Appetitie & Attitude, a new video about Lance

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:29 am

ordered mine a few weeks ago so should be here any day...can take a loooooooong time from the us for stuff to get here...somethings arrive 3 days after ordering...i bought a alaskan number plate the other day for the dog truck...paid monday arrived thrusday....on the other hand....my tshirts from the itc ............took 3 months!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:35 am

Sarida,

Thanks for the heads up. I've been missing your tales of your's and Lucky's adventures ;) :D
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:59 pm

ummmm GoLanceGo...

;) ,,

It is on my must see list....thanks,

tsfr
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby flowerpower » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:46 pm

Sarida! Where have you been this season?!? We have missed your mushing adventures! We actually were in SA last weekend, and did the mission trail (all but the Alamo) which DH has never seen. It was HOT! :o Thanks for the heads up on the video, too.
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby sarida » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:14 pm

Hi Flowerpower,

Last weekend I was in La Villita helping with the St Patrick's Day parade and promoting the SA Highland Games at the Alamo Irish Festival. I'm the president of the Highland Games which are Apr 5 & 6. So, I've been busy with organizing duties. I've followed the Iditarod, but not had much time to chat or post many comments. I will be following the All Alaska this week. But I'll not be writing much until after the Games.

Come on down for the Games. Check us out at http://www.sahga.org

South-Paw Sarida
San Antonio, Texas
Sarida the Snowless
sarida

Postby flowerpower » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:13 pm

Wow, looks like great fun! I have always wanted to go to Scotland, maybe I will pop up for a bit when I go and cook some chili for Team Tangles! :lol: Wish we could go, unfortunately, we are committed to a microchip clinic that weekend for my rescue group. :cry:
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby CynCyn37 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:35 pm

All these frustrated Texans in here! Hey Sarida, I'm from San Angelo!!!

Could it be that we have NO SNOW :cry: :cry:
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby flowerpower » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:33 am

Mackey Makes the Top 25 List of Toughest Athletes

Lance Mackey is named on the top 25 list on Sports Illustrated CNN.com, taking #2

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/extramustard/03/28/25.toughest.athletes/index.html
flowerpower

Postby oldman » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:34 pm

flowerpower wrote:Mackey Makes the Top 25 List of Toughest Athletes

Lance Mackey is named on the top 25 list on Sports Illustrated CNN.com, taking #2

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/extramustard/03/28/25.toughest.athletes/index.html

Old school match: ***** Mackey. Lance's father helped found the Iditarod and is the only musher to win the race in a photo finish (1978).
old school match from the above article ill bet lance got a kick out of being compared to his dad cool
“If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons.”
oldman

Next

Return to Follow That Musher!