Larry Appreciation Society Patch

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Larry Appreciation Society Patch

Postby runaway_sibe » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:07 pm

sarida wrote:Gaby,

Do you get Federal Express where you are in Mexico? Maybe I can send you a Larry Patch via Fed Ex or UPS. I'll investigate those shippers. Donde esta en Mexico?

Since Maple won the Golden Harness for this year's Iditarod, I'd say she has the lock on next year's Comeback Kennel dog patch. This was her first Golden Harness, but she is a very young leader. The Mackeys will have to confirm this, but I'm thinking Maple will be the patch for 2011 and it has yet to be designed. It will be one of my summer projects as well as my entry for the Willow Re-Start patch for BSSD.

Among all the video from the Iditarod this year I saw a clip of Lance tending to his team, in Ruby I think. He was hunkered over a smaller dog rubbing oinment into its feet. The dog was curled into the straw bed, but attentive to his every move. The videographer asked which dog he was working on, Lance said, "This is Maple, she's my little sweetheart." Aren't they all?

Sarida

Hi Sarida, thanks for your post. I live in a city named Huamantla, in the state of Tlaxcala. I'm going to check about Fedex too, so once I have the info, I'll send you the data.
Aboout Maple, is really this his first Golden Harness? Oh, I was wrong then, I firmly believed that she already won in 2009. So, who was the GH last year?

But anyway,she is soo gorgeus, and the name fits her very well!

Thanks and we keep in touch!
"A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog"
runaway_sibe

Postby sarida » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:25 pm

Gaby,

The 2009 Iditarod Golden Harness was won by Jessie Royer's leader, Kuling. Let me know what you find out about Fed Express or UPS. And yes, Maple will make a great patch. She's a beautiful dog.

Sarida
Sarida the Snowless
sarida

Postby runaway_sibe » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi Sarida. I'm going to buy an account with a firm called Unibox, who is going to provide an address in the USA, so in that way, I can be sure that I get my patch. I already told Heidi that I want a BSSD patch, so I'm confirm u that I want a Larry's patch.
"A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog"
runaway_sibe

Previous

Return to Follow That Musher!