Larry Appreciation Society Patch

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Larry Appreciation Society Patch

Postby sarida » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:44 pm

Howdy Folks,

During the past racing season the Idita-Support group was talking about how much we admire Larry. Some of us decided he should have his own fan club with posters, mouse pads, keychains and patches. On a lark I dashed out a design for the Larry Appreciation Society patch and within minutes I had twenty orders.

Well I really couldn't go into production without the Mackey's blessing and Lance was just about to start the All Alaska Sweepstakes. But folks from the Idita-Support group were in Nome with the Mackeys and showed the sketch to them. They liked it but asked if the sales could benefit the kennel. Well I went into orbit. What started out as a bit of whimsey became a viable project. As I was gathering cost estimates and finalizing the art the accident with the snowmachine happened and everything went on hold.

Happily Zorro is expected to make a good recovery from his injuries so the Larry patch is going ahead. The art work shown here is the conceptual drawing. The final rendering of the art as a stitched patch is being refined and a proof of the stitched art will be posted in a few days. The final product should be ready to mail by the first week of May. If you are interested in the Larry Appreciation Society patch I'm taking orders now. All proceeds over the cost of the patches goes to Mackey's Comeback Kennel. Patches are $10.00 ea and this includes mailing to you by regular USPS. Send me a post to get on the advance order list and I will send you payment information.

It will cheer you up during the summer off season.

South-Paw Sarida
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sarida the Snowless
sarida

Re: Larry Appreciation Society Patch

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:03 am

bumpin' up, got my patchs today...awesome! love the look of them such good quality you did that little larry lead dog proud! :P :P :P
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby DustMusher » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:25 pm

I just got back home from picking up my Larry Patch -- AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The patch is beautiful and the stiching detail looks like fur and the eyes are so lifelike -- y'all need to order one -- or several!

Sarida is as classy as the patches are, we met for a 'cuppa' which lasted about 3 hours with non-stop talking about dogs, mushing and musings. Luckily we live close to each other. Now, remember, not all of you need to pick up the patches in person - Sarida will ship them.

DustMusher
And I will be your guide beneath these Northern Lights
And you will be my shadow on the snow.
Husky's Code by Kyf Brewer
DustMusher

Postby Moose » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:08 pm

Okay. How do I get one? I saw the link in an earlier post, but my stupid computer won't let me open PDF files.

How cool that you guys got together. There seems to be quite a few of you Idita-babes living and partying in Texas. How did that come to be? :D
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby flowerpower » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:19 pm

Just lucky, I guess!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby fladogfan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:01 am

Just want to say my patches arrived several days ago. They look so good, very nice work. Thanks for doing this for us Sarida. And it's great to meet fellow fans, isn't it Moose?
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby sarida » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:14 pm

Howdy Folks,

It was great meeting Bilinda (Dust Musher) face to face. I knew immediately she was the person I was looking for, she was wearing a Lance Mackey t-shirt. We did gab for about three hours about this strange obsession we're afflicted with. We definately should organize a group therapy / picnic for the Texas mushing fans.

Yes, the Larry patch turned out very well. I'm ecstatic over it and word from Team Mackey is they "Love it". Sales of each patch benefit Lance's kennel, so funds go to Larry and the dogs.

Larry Patch Scan 080622b.jpg

If you want to order your Larry Appreciation Society patch here's how:

Your total cost is $10 / patch and that will cover postage to you. You can send payments to my Pay Pal account or send me a check through the good old USPS. See below for payment instructions. I will also send you a confirmation post before mailing the patches. You will have the chance to correct me or make changes if needed.

Payments:

1. Pay Pal: send funds to sarida333@sbcglobal.net

or,

2. USPS: send check or money order to:
Sarida Steed-Bradley
115 Wickes Street
San Antonio, Texas 78210-1160

If you have special shipping requirements (like out of the US) send me a note about the best way to get a business size envelope to you.

Thanks and viva Larry!

Southpaw Sarida
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sarida the Snowless
sarida

Postby Moose » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:45 pm

Well, I love it! I'm glad this topic came up again. There's a check coming at you, Sarida. And BTW, I still think your little pooch has about the sweetest doggy face I've ever seen.

You're so right, FDF. It is great to meet in person the folks we've been chatting with on line. I think I said about our getting together that it was like meeting an old friend for the first time. Well, in your case, not an "old" friend. :oops: More like a long-time, established, comfortable, known each other forever friend. 8-) And I sure hope the fates allow us to do it again.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby sarida » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:58 pm

Moose,

Check out Lucky's page on Dogster: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/797131 Scroll down to Lucky's puppy pals, you'll recognize some doggies you know. Lots of pictures and I'm adding some more stories in the next few weeks. He's the best doggie.

Southpaw Sarida
Sarida the Snowless
sarida

Postby Moose » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:46 pm

Too sweet! I left doggie bones for Lucky and his friends, including the Tanglefoot team!! (Must get my own five-pack up there some day.) 8-)
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Next

Return to Follow That Musher!