Ken Anderson's 2008 Iditarod Journals

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Ken Anderson's 2008 Iditarod Journals

Postby Jan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:14 am

Transplanted Texan here :) I'm from Houston - now in Idaho, but try to get back every chance I get
Jan
Jan

Postby nosnow tx » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Wow, there are quite a few Texans on this site-----and I thought we were the only ones. In true Texas form, you really know how to make a "body" welcome. Tangles from the UK, how did you get mixed up with this rowdy bunch?
Moose lives closer to the action and I think the northern states are more familiar with the Iditaquest. When I mention Iditarod or Quest in conversations here I get this look, like HUNNNH?
We found the Iditarod web site when we were researching everything Alaska prior to our vacation. Our vacation was in September after the Iditarod so we clicked on the Iditarod site for the race and the rest is history. (We now have that affliction that seems to get worse each year.) We were really stoked by the time September arrived. What an awsome vacation. Alaska brings new meaning to "takes your breath away" Don't EVEN get me started on that experience for I could go on forever. My daughter thinks I must have lived in Alaska in another life. ha
One year in the not to distant future we are going to witness the Iditarod in person. Can't wait!!!!

How did all you Texans get involved with the Iditaquest. We found out accidentally.

Again, thanks to all for the warm welcome.
nosnow
nosnow tx

Postby nosnow tx » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:38 pm

Hi Jan,

Another Texan !!
I've moved back to East Texas from Houston, the Clear Lake area. Traded Hurricanes for tornados and terrible lightening storms. Forgot what those were like until lightening took out a tree in my back yard. Didn't take long for all the tornado training to come back into play. You probably remember the drill: get in the bathtub and put a mattress over you. This year I had to wing it. I was home alone couldn't get my Queen size mattress through the bathroom door, so the dogs and I crawled under the mattress. My little dog Katie looked at me like "What are we doing ?, but if your doing it, I'm doing it". Scarey stuff!

Thanks for the welcome, Jan. Look forward to talking with you again.
nosnow
nosnow tx

Postby Heidi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:18 pm

Hey nosnow...and WELCOME! Nice to meet you. It's so pretty in East Texas. I passed by your neck of the woods a few weekends ago on the way to/from Arkansas. Trees, trees and more trees. Please send some of that greenery down yonder! :D
Heidi

Postby fladogfan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:42 pm

Welcome nosnow from another snowless person in Florida. I'm a Virginian originally, been in Fl since 1975.

I was made to learn to use email several years ago. Not my favorite thing to do at that time. One day I noticed the little square that said 'search'. Took me awhile to figure how to spell (not my best talent) Iditarod, but when I did :D :D :D !!
That took me to the offical site, then one day I noticed the cursor on Cabela's add looked like it would do something. YEP Yahooo, and the rest is history. When Cabela's shut down or I guess combined with the new site, the powers that be at bssd opened up and took us under their wings. They are the best. This is a welcoming friendly site. Lots of people to answer questions and just care about each other.

So glad you're here. Stay awhile won'tcha. :lol: :lol:

fdf
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby flowerpower » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:24 pm

Just finished reading Ken's 2009 Journal FREE on his website. Great read! I couldn't leave the computer til I finished. Check it out if you haven't seen it yet! It will put you in the Iditarod mood for sure! ;) :D
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Previous

Return to Follow That Musher!