Rick Holt

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Rick Holt

Postby Johncn » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:58 am

Hey,

Please post or link your Rick Holt news items, pictures, videos and so on to this thread.

Regards,

Johncn
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Re: Rick Holt Update

Postby Moose » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:43 pm

Thanks, John. I've sent Rick a note asking about tee shirt availability. Interesting about his yurt. When I left the Washington, DC area 30 years ago to move to Maine, I looked into the feasibility of building and living in a yurt. We built a log cabin instead, but I've always felt I missed my calling as a yurt dweller. Rick's just gotta be my 2008 ROTY! That's all there is to it. ;)
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Johncn » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:38 pm

Hey Moose,

I think I sent you a PM or email...I can change you back to Mooselook if you'd like. No problem.

Anyway, I talked to Rick tonight. He had a meeting to go to for work this evening, but is in Anchorage, and will post something here about the shirts.
He also said that he's gotten some folks from here contacting him, and said thanks for the support 8-)

Regards,

Johncn
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai & Confucius

John Cn
Professional Amateur
Email: john@teachers4Schools.com
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby Moose » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:43 am

Thanks again, John. You really cover ALL the bases. There must be a bit of Energizer Bunny energy coursing through your veins. :D I'm happy to be "Moose" here and have been trying (so far unsuccessfully) to download a cute little moose avatar. I'll figure it out sooner or later. If you're a betting man, put your money on later. :roll:

When you next speak with Rick, let him know folks back East wish him and his team well.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby eluciq_kennel » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:20 am

Moose and John,

Thanks for the thread about our upcoming adventure. Moose, about the t-shirts...We will be placing a new order within the next couple of weeks and we will be putting the link back up on the site to allow you to place an order there OR feel free to email us directly :)

I appreciate the support as your ROTY but I will let you in on a bit of our race strategy....(shhhhhh....) we are going to be taking it easy and very likely not anywhere near the front of the rookie pack ;)
work hard. play harder.
eluciq_kennel

Postby Moose » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:34 am

Good move, Rick, posting your "strategy" here. Fake 'em out, lull them into a false sense of victory, then rush your team past, blowing the would-be ROTYs into the weeds...or into the snowbanks anyway, only to stop under the arch nonchalantly, calmly looking around. I love it. Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me. :D

I saw your note on another thread before finding this one. I'll look for the tee shirt link or send a PM. I left a message somewhere on your website already. Will use the PM function here, if I can figure it out. :oops:

Thanks, Rick. Best wishes to you and the team for the most wonderful run of your lives...so far! :D
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby tanglefoot » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:07 am

put me down for a tshirt or 2, i have emailed you on your site in any case...good plan that faking em out with the old go slow routine hahaha
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby eluciq_kennel » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:01 am

This is a repost of the T-shirt info found in the Yurts-n-Shirts thread...

Here is the link to order a T-shirt....

http://www.eluciq.bigcartel.com/

Since we sold out of the first and the second printing :o (we were and are a bit surprised) we thought we had more than saturated the market...so this time around we are taking orders for the next two weeks then we will have the shirts printed and sent out. The link above includes all the shipping and methods for payment info. We are estimating 4 weeks for printing and shipping combined

Motorwerk...we have sent a few shirts to Europe earlier this year and provided it wasn't a fluke that we (my wonderful wife) figured out how to do that :lol: I am sure we can make it happen again :)

Moose and others who choose to purchase, once you get your shirt we would love a picture to add to our T-Shirt Sightings gallery:

http://www.mushingdogs.com/blog/?p=1535
work hard. play harder.
eluciq_kennel

Postby Moose » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:45 pm

I got a nice note from Tiffany Holt with a tee shirt order update. She writes: "I will be contacting our t-shirt source on Monday. WE have been a little busy here with Rick's drop bags and EKG's for the dogs...I am finally gathering t-shirt infomation and getting ready to place our big order."

I suspect "a little busy" is a major understatement! :D

No explanation necessary, Tiffany! Just get our boy and the team out on the trail and into Nome. :lol:
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby eluciq_kennels » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:20 pm

FYI

WE have a few more shirts available....if you are interested, then be sure to check out the sizes available at our online store.

eluciq creations...http://www.eluciq.bigcartel.com

Not trying to be too pushy...but really don't like to have shirts hanging around without bodies wearing them...giggle :lol:

thanks for your support.

tiff holt
eluciq kennels
http://www.mushingdogs.com
eluciq_kennels

Next

Return to Follow That Musher!