Rick Holt

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Rick Holt Update

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:29 am

replied to your other post but can i order 2 off you in large (for me) and medium(for ems). and can you send me a price for both plus post and pack to the uk.

matty
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:31 am

how did the drop bags go did you get them all sorted out? i casn onyl imagein how hard you guys work to get them done in time...wish we could have popped over to help but the uk's a little toooooooo far haha.

any news on the team?
tanglefoot

Postby akjohnsong » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:56 pm

Good to you Rick - lots of friends and fans out here rooting for you. It is going to be a treat to watch the tube tomorrow morning and see you taking off in ANC - with your grandmother in the basket no less! Have fun - Greg
akjohnsong

Skype ID: akjohnsong

Postby khanisch » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:36 pm

Hey Holts!
Watched you start on tv - gave me goosepumps!!! So proud of all of you ...... now can't wait to see you in Unalakleet.

Congratulations on the start!

Kim
khanisch

Skype ID: khanisch

Postby Johncn » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:51 pm

Hey Rick and Tiff,

You guys were awesome today, and I don't use that word much ;-)

Lots of pictures of y'all, and video and such to be posted in the morning. Rest well, and see you with a big welcome in Unalakleet!

Here are two quickies from Jeff Selvey....not us.

Regards,

Johncn
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby akjohnsong » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Scott Slone of the Alaska PodShowPodcast did a very nice interview with Rick and you can watch that here: http://alaskapodshow.com/index.php/2008 ... arod-2008/.
akjohnsong

Skype ID: akjohnsong

Postby Johncn » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:53 am

Hey,

Despite his middle of the pack placement at the moment, Rick Holt still has all his dogs. He appears to be the only rookie with all dogs remaining at the moment, except for William Kleedehn, and Robert Nelson.....although some are still at checkpoints further back, and may leave intact.

I hope that speaks well of th condition of Rick's dogs ;-) He felt pretty good about his dogs, and I'll post an interview the SBT kids did with him on Saturday.

Regards,

Johncn
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai & Confucius

John Cn
Professional Amateur
Email: john@teachers4Schools.com
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby eluciq_kennels » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:42 pm

Rick is taking his 24 in Takotna. He is staying close to his race schedule. WE got a call from him...but our cell coverage sucks where we live, so I did not get his call, but did get a message. He sounded extremely tired, but good. Rick said that he will get some sleep at the checkpoint. The dogs are looking good and his sled held up through the treacherous conditions on the steps and gorge. He dropped a dog in Nikolai due to a couple of nails that broke. The dog dropped was Houston...he is our big dog(and I think on Channel 2 they called Houston and our other dog Noppers SUV's, cuz' they are so big). Houston does not like the heat and has a hard time staying focused. So I am sure that Rick pulled his booties off so that he could stay cool...but that put him at risk of breaking nails.

So so far Rick has his 15 dogs...and we are EXTREMELY proud of him. He should be out of Takotna around 4ish in the morning. Some of you following Rick will notice that he tends to travel at night...this is his and his dogs preference. Rick is use to doing training runs around 11p.m. until 3a.m. Plus with the heat it is the perfect time to be running dogs.
eluciq_kennels

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:45 am

go rick go!
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:19 am

Thanks for the update, Tiff. Didn't realize that breaking nails could happen. Always pictured the pups nails as worn down from all that running. Maybe the booties protect them? The broken nails can be painful. Poor puppy-get well.
fdf GO RICK GO
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

PreviousNext

Return to Follow That Musher!