Dee Dee Jonrowe

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Dee Dee Jonrowe

Postby tanglefoot » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:25 pm

I thought as no one has put a post in yet for her I would just like to say that in my limited knowledge of mushing, I've only known Tangles a year and that's how long I've been learning about huskies, I think Dee Dee is sooo amazing. I'm not by any means saying the other mushers aren't but I think I must be one of her biggest fans. She is inspirational in everything she has overcome and I really hope she wins this year. I'm hoping that my support for her might get her over the line first as I soooo believe she deserves it! Tangles I think has had enough of hearing her name mentioned as I manage to get it into nearly every sentence, although he does think she deserves to win too. To have taken part in something so many times and come so close to winning a race that takes so much out of you I think is amazing. :) I can't believe her determination having beat cancer and having dogs sit down on her, I justthink she deserves it!!! You go girl!!! I'm sending BIG Emsie hugs to you and sending all my love and luck. We were lucky enough to be sent a little autographed mushers card by Shelly and it has pride of place on our mantlepiece with all Tangles trophies. I think she is great I do mad things like climb big mountains but nothing like this where you rely on an animal to help you, and as they have minds of their own, they don't always do as you ask. I was a veterinary nurse for 5 years, I know a lot about how their minds work!!! Hee hee, but Huskies, well that's a whole different ball game. Got to love them though!!! Anyway you go Dee Dee, you have a big fan in England.
xxx
Last edited by Johncn on Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed thread name to match others in forum with musher names, and for search engine indexing.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Re: dee dee

Postby Johncn » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:56 pm

It was great to see her take 1st in the Don Bowers 200 this year, and although she scratched last year after that crash in Rainy Pass, maybe the SBT kids will get an interview with her this year!

Here are some Dee Dee info links for those following her:

Basic Info on Dee Dee - Fully editable, as it is a wiki ;-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeeDee_Jonrowe

Dee Dee Jonrowe's Website & Kennel
http://www.deedeejonrowe.com/

Teacher Kathy Kent's Podcast of Dee Dee Leaving Rainy Pass - 2004? Kathy does a nice job with her podcasts! Hmm...we ARE recruiting in BSSD right now...anybody know her? ;-)
http://web.mac.com/kathykent1/iWeb/Site/Podcast/AC132ECC-C59D-11DB-96E9-000A95D64186.html

We can post new articles on her in this thread, and race updates as needed.

Regards,

Johncn
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai & Confucius

John Cn
Professional Amateur
Email: john@teachers4Schools.com
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Re: dee dee

Postby boo » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:07 pm

Dee Dee climbs big mountains, too, Ems. In fact, the way she performed and felt (not at all like herself) after the Mount Marathon race was one of the indications to her that something was terribly wrong with her body. And that is when they found the cancer. Another crazy race, as if Irod wasn't nuts enough!!

http://dwb.adn.com/sports/Mount_Maratho ... 3885c.html

Welcome to the forum!!!!
boo
boo

Re: Dee Dee Jonrowe

Postby fladogfan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:52 pm

Dee Dee was FIRST into Cripple. Good video of that on II. Paul got lost on trail and DeeDee ended up 'leading' the race :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry for Paul but happy for DeeDee :lol: :lol: Paul came in 2nd shortly after her.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby mrwolfesmum » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:17 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) DEE DEE You go girl. I'm soooooo proud of you!! To come in first at cripple and not even realising you are winning!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: What a hoot! And her face was such a picture!!! Something like :shock: .....that!!! You keep up the good work!!! Sorry for Paul though, what an annoying thing to happen!
You just keep moving Dee Dee. xxx
mrwolfesmum

Postby fladogfan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:45 am

Gotta get DeeDee back up here, using the one tangles' ems started last year :D

GO DEEDEE GO
fladogfan

Postby fladogfan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:29 am

fladogfan