Karin Hendrickson

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Karin Hendrickson

Postby Breeze » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:07 am

Bring 'em home, Karin, Bring 'em in. Deep breath!

Not so far now, and a good rest in the offing.

Breeze
Breeze

Postby fladogfan » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:51 pm

Pick um up-put um down
keep on going into town :D

go KARIN go
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:40 am

Karin may pull into Nome as the third Rookie, but she did a FANTASTIC JOB!
Only the son of a veteran musher and the protegee' of a three time Champion were able to get in front of her!
PRETTY IMPRESSIVE I'D SAY!
CONGRATULATIONS INTENSEKARIN ON A GREAT ROOKIE RUN AND FINISH!
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:05 am

I echo MGFB's thoughts :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

YOU DID A GREAT JOB, THANKS FOR THE RIDE !!!!!

We want to hear all you want to say to us, wow what adventures you must have endured!!!

.............YAY KARIN NO LONGER BE AN IDITAROD ROOKIE................
fladogfan

Postby intensekarin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:45 pm

Thanks everyone. We had a dream ride. Absolutely perfect, and just so much fun. Yes, even the river in a blizzard was kind of fun because we were able to do it. Kind of scary too, but the dogs were such rockstars and never faltered.

Everyone says they had fun after it's over, but I was there and most people certainly had some down times and some times they wished to quit. I really, truly had a blast the entire time. I seem to function well on no sleep, and watching the dogs get fired up always makes me happy. My worst moment was crossing the sound. The dogs were motoring along, but moving pretty slowly. All I could think was that we would get to Nome after the banquet and no one would be there - I was really upset to think I would miss the party! That doesn't count as much of a 'bad moment'!

If you look at the run times, it was pretty obvious I wasn't going to keep up with Chad or Harry. My dogs tend to be slower on the trail, but recover really well. Being that it was my rookie year, I didn't want to screw things up by cutting rest even though my 'freight train' clearly could have handled it. So I am really happy with our run. As many have pointed out, I did this on my own with dogs I raised and trained, working full time and on a shoestring budget, so it means a heck of a lot to finish with a healthy, strong team.

If you saw the video of our finish, with the dogs running down Front Street, you'll know what I mean when I say it is ok to come in as 3rd rookie. (But geez, I should have looked at the printouts - I'm pretty sure I could have caught Harry!!!)
intensekarin

Postby Moose » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:29 pm

From here--watching your little musher icon moving across a field of white and keeping track of the updates--it looked like you ran just about a perfect race. You were my ROTY pick, but I celebrated just as loud and animated when you finished third rookie as I would have if you'd been the first. Your dogs looked great. Awesome race, Karin! Simply awesome. Good job, girl. Good job, team. Skritches around. :D
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Heidi » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:04 pm

Excellent race, Karin, and I'm so happy for you!!

Way to go!!! :D
Heidi

Postby flowerpower » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:30 pm

My Pick, too! It was fun watching and rooting for you along the way. You go Girl! You'll get 'em next year! :D
I do kinda wish you had beat Harry, but only because he was hubby's pick for ROTY. We had a fun little in house competition going!
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby fladogfan » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:56 am

Karin, your are still my ROTY, I don't care diddly-squat what those boys did. :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
fladogfan

Previous

Return to Follow That Musher!