Jeff King

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Jeff King

Postby Johncn » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:54 pm

Hello,

I had to start a thread for Jeff King. He has won the Iditarod four times, and covered more than 100,000 miles on a dogsled. His most recent win was 2006. Jeff decided not run the Quest this year, but should be well rested, and wearing bib number 48 in the Iditarod.

And, speaking of his last win, Jeff has been interviewed by the SBT kids every single time they have asked, and no matter how tired he was or close the race was when he hit Unalakleet. It seems he always has time for the BSSD kids, and we want to make sure that fans can follow him in the race this year.

Here is some starter info on Jeff King:

Jeff King's Husky Homestead & Goose Lake Kennels - Tours, and info
http://www.huskyhomestead.com/

Husky Homestead Blog
http://huskyhomestead.blogspot.com/

Jeff's Wikipedia Entry - Lots of room for adding to this wiki page!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_King_(mushing)

Cold Hands, Warm Heart - Jeff's new book
http://www.amazon.com/Cold-Hands-Warm-Heart-Jeff/dp/0882407368/

Regards,

Johncn
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Re: Jeff King

Postby fladogfan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:47 pm

I've got my Jeff King cap here by the computer, hubby laughs at me when I wear it while talking to y'all. If/when I get to Ak. I hope to ask Jeff for an autograph on the bill :D
It's good to hear that someone I admire, gets good grades as a nice person to your kiddos.
GOJEFFGO
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby dilli » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:54 pm

King Jeff has a new update blog entry. Apparently the Versus channel film crew showed up at Husky Homestead to interview him recently.

The ITC hasn't issued any public info to date about who will (or won't) document or broadcast any 2008 race coverage .. at the very least, I guess we can assume the ITC has signed a contract with Versus to provide some sort of race coverage. I wonder why the ITC has been so hush hush about it all. They haven't said a peep about the supposed GPS musher tracking that the II says it's subscribers will be testing this year (according to their promo II subscriber page. :roll: :evil:
We've got treats
dilli

Postby dilli » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:35 pm

Ah .. Now we finally know the gory details about the GPS situation and race coverage. It pays to fearlessly to poke and prod the ITC until they are finally pressured to disgorge unnecessarily secretive wheelings and dealings which are of great interest to its membership, supporters and fans. :mrgreen:

As a long-in-tooth white cap, I can attest and affirm growing older and wiser is not for sissies. Eat my dust, pupsters :P

Anyway, Absolutely marvelous new Feb. 27th blog update from King Jeff .. including coy allusions to a new nucleic sled innovation ... soon to be revealed !!!! *WOOT*

King Jeff's action packed pre-race schedule ...

Tonight (Feb27th) it's dinner with "ME" at the Inlet Towers.

Tomorrow is the Start Banquet (does the name Rocky Balboa ring a bell??).

Friday it's breakfast with Cabela's tour group; raquetball with my wife at an undisclosed location; then a book signing at the Millenium from 11:30am - 1:30pm with fellow authors Trish Brown, Lisa Frederic and more; from there we zoom back to the Inlet Towers for a book signing "meet & greet" from 1:30pm - 3:30pm; and then we're off to Aurora Fine Arts for their annual Jeff King send off party which includes prizes (really cool art!), and t-shirts - refreshments will also be served. (Thank you to Diane & Jerry for all they have done to make us feel appreciated and special.) Finally we will head over to the Anchorage Museum for the unveiling of the Joe Reddington exhibition spearheaded by our good friend Hannah Moderow. Can't wait to see it!
We've got treats
dilli

Postby mamamia » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:16 pm

I haven't been able to tell for sure but it looks like Jeff has gone back to using neck lines again. Remember when he decided to stop using them? Wasn't that when he won a couple of years ago. I loved watching his team come in because it looked like controlled chaos. After that there were a few teams that tried it but I don't see anyone who is running without them this year. I haven't had a chance to check Jeff's website. Does he say anything about it?
mamamia

Postby fladogfan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:20 am

WHEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it's a race , look how close they are yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaw
just back from being 'church lady' time is 2:20EDT

GO JEFF GO
:lol: 8-) :lol: 8-) :lol: 8-) :lol:
fladogfan

Postby Heidi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:21 pm

Nice job on 2nd place Jeff! WOOHOO!!!! :D :D :D

(Hey, he could've been 3rd.)
Heidi

Postby fladogfan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:49 pm

Just a heads up to California and New England Jeff fans,

towards end of story he mentions where he's planning to be in May :D :D you lucky people ;)
fladogfan

Postby txbennett » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:30 am

Did any of you see the "story" on Jeff King training dogs in the summer for the race next spring -- ABC News story last evening (Wednesday). A story on the race, the dogs, and Wasilla as the news anchor, Brian Williams, heads to Alaska for tonight and tomorrow nights newscast featuring interviews with Palin.

I haven't formed a "political" opinion yet -- but Palin's publicity has to be good for Iditarod.

TXbennett
txbennett

Postby txbennett » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:40 am

JohnCN

Can you or one of your students get a clip of this story and post a link to it? I know such things are possible, but I don't know how to do it. :?

The story was very good and favorable. Primarily featuring dogs, and also Jeff and Cali.

TXbennett
txbennett

Next

Return to Follow That Musher!