Heather Siirtola

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Heather Siirtola

Postby Johncn » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:58 pm

Hello,

Here is a starter list for Heather Siirtola.

Hardcore Huskies Heather's website
http://www.hardcorehuskies.com/

Made for mushing: Heather Siirtola is ready for her second Iditarod
Bismarck Tribune Article - February 17, 2008
http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2008/02/17/news/topnews/149060.txt

BHS Grad Prepares for the Iditarod
Bismarck Tribune Article - February 13, 2008
http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2007/02/13/news/update/doc45d1ee1819ade771967128.txt

Siirtola's Back on the Trail - KX News Team
Television Clip - February 7, 2008
http://www.kxmc.com/News/207168.asp
http://www.kxmc.com/video.asp?ArticleId=207168&VideoId=17538

Prarie Rose Elementary Students Meet Heather
Video Clip from the KX News Team
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/prairie-rose-elementary-kids-meet-their-homework/4147505983

2007 Interview with Heather
Television Clip - April 13, 2007
http://www.kxma.com/t/iditarod/113671.asp

Please add others as found. Good luck, Heather!

Regards,

Johncn
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Re: Heather Siirtola

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:51 am

Johncn:

Thanks for the Heather Siirtola sites. I'm from Fergus Falls, Minnesota, and follow Heather and her racing. Her Web Site is excellent and fun to delve through. Plus Heather is pretty awesome herself. I wrote her after last years Iditarod and got a nice hand written note in response, telling me that she was familiar with the Fergus area,and that she had spent time here as a kid and had relatives here.
I look forward to many years of following Heather's racing career and seeing her becoming better and better, and advancing to the top of the Idiatrod finishers list.

Brian
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:29 am

How can anyone not be a fan of Hardcore Heather! What a great photo! I love the way the pistol is tied to the holster with the yellow cord!:D

You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:54 am

lollys rooting for you heather!!

go heather go

DCP_0004.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:28 pm

Heather seems to be having some dog issues :cry: , but she's hanging in there :)
You Go You Wild & Crazy North Dakota Girl! :D

Brian
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:59 am

Even her Website was unsure whether Heather would scratch after she arrived and settled in for her 8 hour at Ruby. She had been dropping dogs along the trail and was down to nine in Ruby.
Even I, a certified Heather Siirtola fan, had a crisis of faith. I'm ashamed to admit that I thought - just for a few minutes mind you, that Heather just might perhaps scratch. :(
But then it kicked in: :idea: What was I thinking? This is HARDCORE HEATHER! :twisted: Unless her dogs were sick or not interested in running, She Most Certainly Would Not Be Giving Up for such a trivial matter as running with only nine dogs for the remaining 400 miles.
And I was right. She not only left Ruby, she also dropped yet another dog, taking to the trail with eight :D

There's just something about these Talkeetna women ya know ;)

I'll be following your progress all the way into Nome Heather!

Brian
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:55 pm

Another pair of checkpoints conquered by Heather, as she left Nulato this night headed for Kaltag!
Hey, who even thought she might scratch? :P Hang in their Heather!

Brian
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:19 pm

Heather's making that long trek into Unalakleet now. Unbowed! Undaunted! Undefeated!
Sure, there's "The Heart of a Champion"; but there's there's just plain HEART! :x
Nome's just over the next few hills Heather. We'll see you there! ;)

Brian
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:39 am

Never Fear ;) --Heather's into Unalakleet :D (17 hours 29 minutes) A well deserved rest for everybody. . . .and then On To Nome!

Brian
Heather Siirtola Fan - Doubting Thomas's Need NOT Apply!
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:35 am

Heather has left Shaktoolik early this day, and there's only 5 checkpoints left :D

Heather's website says that a lot of the dogs running in her "fantastic eight" were not even expected to make it to Nome!
SnoGo wasn't expected to go the distance, and Fast Eddy, who is deaf, is also hanging in there as Heather nears Nome. Heather told one of her handlers that if Fast Eddy made it all the way to Nome, she was going to stop before hitting Front Street and switch Eddy top the front and let him lead the pack under the Burled Arch. How C :D :D L is that?
Eagerly awaiting you passing "neath the Arch Heather and gang ;)

Surely there are others out there who appreciate mushers with perseverance, stick-to-it-iveness and a never say die attitude. There are still several rookie mushers hard at work on the trail as far back as Unalakleet. Let's give 'em our support!
Brian
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Next

Return to Follow That Musher!