Heather Siirtola

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Heather Siirtola

Postby fladogfan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:21 am

Couldn't agree more, Brian :!:
The back of the pack has it at least as tough as the front and most often, a whole LOT HARDER than the front. To all still on the trail, safe travels, good luck and keep on mushing :!: :D We are waiting for your finish at the Burled Arch :!:
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:45 pm

Heather's into Koyuk, and still ahead of her pace from last year, and with less dogs :o I tell you the girl is awesome!
Just a little further to go Heather :D :D

Brian
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:25 pm

Heather into Elim early this a.m. and then out again and on her way to White Mtn. A nice 8 hour rest, a hot cup of Java, and then on her way those final miles into Nome! :D AWESOME!!

Brian
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:42 am

Heather made it to White Mountain :D :D She'll be crossing the line under the Burled Arch soon!
Hope those Web ams are still going so I can see the triumphant finish with Fast Eddy in the lead! :lol:
We'll see you there Hardcore.

Brian
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:30 pm

Congratulations Heather Siirtola, You made it into Nome under some very difficult circumstances this year. But made it you did :D This is why they call her Hardcore Heather :lol:
The entire Fergus Falls contingent (and I guess that would be me) are proud of you.
Here's hoping you WILL be back next year. It would be nice to see all of the Talkeetna Women in the race next year.

Brian
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby fladogfan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:33 am

Thank you MGFB :D for your updates to this brave woman. Hooray, she finished the 2008 Iditarod race :!: :D :D
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:31 am

way to go heather and the mighty 8!!! have a great banquet and home safe, give thoses doggies a huge cuddle from us!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:15 pm

Heather's website says she probably won't tun next year but concentrate on a 2010 run!
Brian
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby flowerpower » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:52 pm

I missed somehow that FastEddy is deaf! How cool is that! He should be a poster child for http://www.deafdogs.org/ :)
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:31 am

Oh Joy! And what a surprise too! :o :D Was looking at the 2009 Musher listing on the Iditarod site this a.m. and what to my wonderous eyes should appear, Heather Siirtola's name at the very bottom of the list!
I thought Heather wouldn't be running in March, instead planning on a 2010 run. So I am pleased to see
that Hardcore Heather be representing the Talkeetna women in 2009! :D YIPPIE!
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

PreviousNext

Return to Follow That Musher!