Karen Ramstead

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Karen Ramstead

Postby Johncn » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:48 pm

Hello,

Here is a starter thread on Karen Ramstead. Gosh she has pretty dogs.

Karen is known for racing and showing Siberian Huskies. The 2008 race will be her 8th Iditarod.

North Wapiti Siberian Husky Kennels - Karen's site, and "Home of the Pretty Sled Dogs"
Alberta, Canada
http://www.northwapiti.com/

Note: We have a user "NorthWapiti" on this board, but I don't know for sure if it is someone associated with this kennel.

Our buddy, and forum member Scott Slone did a nice video interview with Karen last year:

Taiga 300 Video - Dogsled.com- Scott Slone
http://www.dogsled.com/taiga-spring-break-300/karen-ramstead-taiga-300-video.html

Good luck, Karen and fans...post additional links to this thread as needed!

Regards,

Johncn
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai & Confucius

John Cn
Professional Amateur
Email: john@teachers4Schools.com
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Re: Karen Ramstead

Postby Snodogs » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:28 am

I have never been on the Trail with Karen but I have been in the same show ring with her. I had the pleasure of being at the Siberian National Specialty of Canada in 2003 and being able to be in the same ring with Karen and I was able to take the class :lol: . Karen also has a yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NorthWapi ... d=45065892 It has a lot of info on her team and training.
Happy Trails
from Trail, Minnesota
Snodogs

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:41 am

Thanks John, and Sno,

It was Karen, SibeNet and a Husky rescue group that lead me to this life as an armchair musher. She, Mark and her beautiful Sibes will always be TopTen in my heart.

daniel
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby SiberianRose » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:23 pm

I have never met Karen or Mark, but I feel like I know them through years of following them through their website. Probably my biggest dream is to actually meet Karen. Particularly, I would love to be able to attend her Open House just before the Iditarod. I've subscribed to Karen's yahoo newsgroup for several months. From my cyber experiences with her, I believe her to be one of the warmest and most caring persons one could meet.

John, I do remember that there was a post on this forum by North Wapiti, and I remember assuming that it was Karen posting. She seems very friendly and open and willing to share.

Patricia
SiberianRose

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:49 pm

yes...Karen is registered under northwapiti ;)

tsfr
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby northwapiti » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:58 pm

Hey All!! Thanks for all the kind words!!! I appreciate it!

Snodogs - was that the Open bitch class you beat me in??? With that lovely little bitch?? Never hard to lose to a nice dog! :)

Don't know how much I'll be around to contribute in the next 9 days or so, but I've been enjoying popping in and reading every now and again over the last week or so!!!

Happy Trails!
Karen
northwapiti

Postby Snodogs » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:18 pm

northwapiti wrote:Hey All!! Thanks for all the kind words!!! I appreciate it!

Snodogs - was that the Open bitch class you beat me in??? With that lovely little bitch?? Never hard to lose to a nice dog! :)

Don't know how much I'll be around to contribute in the next 9 days or so, but I've been enjoying popping in and reading every now and again over the last week or so!!!

Happy Trails!
Karen

Yes it was Karen. I wish you the best in the race and great jod with both teams in the 120
Happy Trails
from Trail, Minnesota
Snodogs

Postby sunhusky » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:19 pm

Karen's the best. How could anyone who shares the same birthday with me not be? :D
sunhusky

Postby Moose » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:20 pm

And here are more good wishes from another fan--one who did get to meet you when you came to New Hampshire a couple of years ago! Awesome presentation, Karen. Wonderful Pretty Sled Dogs video! All the best to you and your team.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby northwapiti » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:11 pm

Thanks Moose and all! :)
northwapiti

Next

Return to Follow That Musher!