KIM FRANKLIN UK

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: KIM FRANKLIN UK

Postby boo » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:53 am

Here are some pix of Jumbo in '06....isn't he something????
One of Kim's amazing leaders.....
boo
boo

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:33 pm

thanks boo, have emailed it to the rest of the gang following her from the uk. do you know any of the other dogs?
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby boo » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:47 pm

I thought I saw Tarzan, maybe.....not sure....
boo
boo

Postby tanglefoot » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:37 pm

shes posted a good time to skewntna and a good speed, perhaps she had sled repairs to do or just took a good rest and off she goes!
tanglefoot

Postby Another UK Fan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:26 pm

Oh Boo!!!! Thanks for the pictures. Beautiful dog. What a looker Jumbo is. Just gorgeous.

edited: sp erros...time for sleep
Another UK Fan

Postby MotorWerk » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:27 am

Any news on why she started out with so little speed? Did she in fact have sled problems or other problems, or did she just decide to take it easy? I do SO hope she'll make it all the way to Nome.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:08 am

no idea, but she has climber a few places out of red lantern. and her speed and travel times are good! so i think maybe she was taking it too easy and had some problems in the checkpoint maybe, she didnt drop any dogs and has made good speed since so as long as she can get to rainy ok she will be fine i hope. we run some pretty hard and tough trails in the uk on bare ground so she will be used to that at least!
tanglefoot

Postby boo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:40 am

Hey, Matt....nice article about Kim in ADN....and Jumbo sleeping front and center :) I dunno, if I came all that way, did all that work, went through all I did to GET to the Iditarod trail, I might savor the first part, too. You aren't beat up yet, you aren't too tired yet....but then that wicked little competitive nature better kick in and get on down the trail. It isn't too hard on the sweeps and checkpoints at these early checkpoints, but the later ones....it can drag on FOREVER waiting for the last teams. I'm sure Dean would be happy to have her get the entire team to Nome, but the doggies can go faster. I'm bummed at how stinky warm it is....that makes things slow and rough on the musher....there was an aerial of Jason Barron out in the open with a dog riding in the sled bag and you can see briefly a section of trail that it looked like a snowmachine cut across and they flounder a bit. You cringe whenever your dogs get bogged down and have to swim through....injuries are much more likely in that scenario. Mitch made a comment too about snowmachines ruining sections of trail, wiping out the 4" crust the dogs need.
boo
boo

Postby Another UK Fan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:27 pm

So Kim left FL at 0621 with 16 dogs. That's about 6 hours ago now? When do you think she might get to Rainy Pass?
Another UK Fan

Postby aren » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:02 am

Hey, I am cheering for Kim Franklin, she seems to be doing a great job so far. Allready passed Rainy and well on her way towards Rohn. It looks like she is putting in good run times and is getting plenty of rest.
I just hope that she won't get too far behind the main pack. The ITC has a tendency of pulling the plug on teams that, in their opinion, lag too far behind. Go Kim Go :!: :!: :!:

aren
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

PreviousNext

Return to Follow That Musher!