KIM FRANKLIN UK

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: KIM FRANKLIN UK

Postby Heidi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:28 pm

Wow. To have come all the way from England only to have to withdraw in Rohn, that's got to be tough. :( I feel for her. I hope she can come back next year. :)
Heidi

Postby boo » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:24 pm

To quote Matt, or what I think he would say, "I feel gutted." Glad the dogs turned up in RP, but sad for Kim. I doubt it will be much of a consolation, but Kim proved she has the stuff to do the Steps, and Dalzell.....next time she can take on the route out of Rohn, the Buffalo tunnels and the Burn. Hope she'll be back....
boo
boo

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:42 am

posted some info on what happened on the main topics page.. shes in good spirits and im sur she'll be back to finish the trail...next year?..if she can pursuade ian then she will be haha. just bad luck hit her, we are gutted back here that she was forced to withdraw but its happened to a musher before..one of those things. nothing she's done wrong but a smashed sled then dogs chewing through gang lines and rookie checkers sending dogs to anch. at least all the dogs are back safe and shes ok too.. thanks for everyone for supporting her this year!!! when she gets back and read all the posts she'll be chuffed i bet!

go kimbo go!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:12 am

Sorry Kim, hope you are able to come back next year and try again. I love the interviews of you I've seen, such a happy, upbeat person. Keep your chin up or should I say keep a stiff upper lip ;) Love from Florida, fdf
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Bigskymusher » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:43 am

I wonder why she wasn't using a cable gangline?
Bigskymusher

Postby Another UK Fan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:21 am

Oh how disappointing for you Kim. Better luck next time!
Another UK Fan

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:29 am

i was wondering that too BSM.. maybe it was the tugs and not the gang line...do folks use just rope tugs or do they have cable in them too? we just use 4mm shock cord ones. v.strong light weight and small
tanglefoot

Postby ktsnj » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:29 am

I was following Kim as well, wondered why she was at Rohn for so long. I am saddened that she was withdrawn. Dogs do occasionally get away and am happy that they turned up fairly quickly. It was great learning about Kim. And thanks for the info from all her friends in the UK. That is one of the things I like about the Iditarod, many people from all over the world. Best of luck Kim, hope to see you again next year.
ktsnj

Skype ID: keisch

Postby tanglefoot » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:47 am

kim now has another race to worry about... her race horse that funded the trip with its winnings in running in the GOLD CUP at cheltenham next week, its one of the fav's called 'halcon genelardis' and stands a fair chance against kato star and denman... lets home this one comes in a winner for her so she can come back and race the irod next year and get to nome!
tanglefoot

Postby boo » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:39 am

I think the write up I read said they chewed thru their harnesses....not hard to see that happen. Osmars use cable gang lines like most of the rest of us, bigskymusher. And that is the kennel she is running out of. Tangles, tell Ian it is hopeless!!! When a musher gets as far as Kim did, it eats at them until they can go back and beat the thing and get all the way to Nome. I thought getting to Nome would be enough for Rach.....but she hopes to race this many, many more times.....mushing is addicting, for sure. The Iditarod is.....I can't find the word....but it is something WAY beyond addicting. Your connection and fusion with your dogs during that race is unlike any other time in training. I think it takes something major to stop that itch. :)

Again the dog/horse connection. Swingley/Shirilla are training distance horses at Joe Runyan's place in New Mexico right now. I sure hope Kim's horse does fantastic and stays sound!! Would be nice if one addiction could fund the other, eh?
boo
boo

PreviousNext

Return to Follow That Musher!