Off Topic Forum????

The BSSD Student Broadcasting Team will be working in the field to provide as much coverage of the 2009 Iditarod as possible. This is a multi-village student project, and so everything you see is result of many students working together. Use this forum to offer comments, suggestions, requests, and feedback. This area also houses links to past IditaProject video, pictures and audio.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: from tfsr

Postby fladogfan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:34 pm

How would we keep mushing and nonmushing seperate. A lot of the "OT" threads still mention dogs or mushing? I think I would miss being able to just go to one place to find my friends :| but I'll go along with whatever.

fdf
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:49 pm

fladogfan wrote:How would we keep mushing and nonmushing seperate. A lot of the "OT" threads still mention dogs or mushing? I think I would miss being able to just go to one place to find my friends :| but I'll go along with whatever.

fdf

it would just be a new "SUB" forum....like we have Mushing Talk, Follow that Musher, Video Image & Audio,History, Students and Teacher SUB forums now....four of those SUB's barely get used at all but they serve a segment of the users. What would happen is we would simply add a new SUD....The WaterDish (or whatever catchy name) will be for exactly for what a lot of us enjoy, musing about our lives, families and other, non mushing passions.

Yes I KNOW Moose's "Louisiana Pit Bull thread" was about dogs...but most certainly NOT about mushing. The New "off Topic" forum would/could" keep the central focus in Mushing Talk about Mushing...we could have a field day in the Off topic forum discussing the weather ...our pets, kids and families....our current situations or whatever. These discussions just would NOT be in the MAIN forum keeping Mushing Talk just that, talk about the sport of Sled Dog Racing.

I enjoy VERY MUCH the friendships, comradery and fellowship that I find here. I would enjoy (and i think many others would too if they gave it a CHANCE) the opportunity to get to know you all better, in a more casual setting.

Peace my friends, you know how I feel,
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby fladogfan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:23 am

Peace to you too Daniel.

If that happened mushing talk would be inactive most of the year. When I open Mushing Talk I'm walking into a room of friends, talking about all kinds of things, including mushing. Don't think I want that to change. I'm one of the dozen or so who check in almost daily, year round.

Now you know how I feel. ;)
fladogfan

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:39 am

thanks FDF....and FTR (for the record) your Dog looks suspiciously like a cat... :D
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby fladogfan » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:20 am

Meow you are correct ,meowam Danielle =^..^=
fladogfan

Postby jplife » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:57 am

whatever is decided works for me.Mushing is why I come in here,then again we end up getting to know each other on other things.Have a great week all.this is a old thread right. :D :?
jplife

Previous

Return to IditaProject Video, Images & Audio