Off Topic Forum????

The BSSD Student Broadcasting Team will be working in the field to provide as much coverage of the 2009 Iditarod as possible. This is a multi-village student project, and so everything you see is result of many students working together. Use this forum to offer comments, suggestions, requests, and feedback. This area also houses links to past IditaProject video, pictures and audio.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Off Topic Forum????

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:53 pm

please please please....did i say PLEASE?,make an "off topic"...water-cooler......""The Check Point" type forum for quasi-personal and off topic posts....

Free the puppies....give us "old-timers" an area to have off topic forum for fun, albeit conversations.

that is all

HUGE :D to all my friends at bssd....

Kind regards,

daniel...aka tsfr
Last edited by ThisSpaceForRent on Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Re: from tfsr

Postby Johncn » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:26 am

Daniel,

Do you mean for the board as a whole, or just for the IditaProject area?

This is the section we are going to link all the current and prior year Iditarod coverage to....if you mean another board for Off Topic, just tell the mods to decide, and I'll set it up. If you want, I can make you Off Topic Moderator ;-)

Doesn't matter to me if there is another area for off topic discussions. I have no problem with it.

Regards,

Johncn
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai & Confucius

John Cn
Professional Amateur
Email: john@teachers4Schools.com
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:30 pm

John,

If the offer is still good I accept.

I STILL feel this site needs an area for OT (off topic) ... a place to "shoot the breeze" (no pun intended Breeze!)

Posts like Di*'s Fall post on the Main page....

PS...I'm back and feistier than ever :D :D

Peace, Love and SnowDogsGo,

daniel
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby darby » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:36 am

I agree with this crazy daniel guy *thumbs up* Off topic area would be great.
darby

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:29 pm

CraZy??? How dare you???.....

I resemble that remark! :D

wow...two vote for YES... Folks it WOULD keep a central theme in the MAIN forum and give us "DieHards and Itdtabddies a place to stretch our legs and exercise our fingers.

Thanks Darby...you silly Canuk...( I KID my friend, I kid)

tsfr aka daniel
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby darby » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Seems like its ok its just up to the MODS but I don't think anyone really reads this. Maybe PM one of the Mods ThisSpaceForRent

ps.how much is the rent for your name :P
darby

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:26 pm

IN REGARD TO TSFR's IDEA FOR AN OFF TOPIC FORUM

The moderators have given serious consideration to the idea of a separate Off Topic thread for the Forum. After much discussion, it was unanimously decided that an Off Topic forum of its own really doesn't fit in well with the main idea of our forum, which is dog mushing. We have a few simple Off Topics threads, such as our Seasonal ones, that many of us participate in and use to greet one another, and we feel that those are adequate. Besides which, our monthly chat is a great place to have "live" conversations and catch up with fellow Forum members on a regular basis.

So as the racing season begins, we look forward to meeting up again on the forum with those we haven't heard from for a while, and indulging in our favorite sport.

MGFB - Heidi - Di* - SuldalsXpressen
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:36 pm

MelanieGouldFanBrian wrote:IN REGARD TO TSFR's IDEA FOR AN OFF TOPIC FORUM

The moderators have given serious consideration to the idea of a separate Off Topic thread for the Forum. After much discussion, it was unanimously decided that an Off Topic forum of its own really doesn't fit in well with the main idea of our forum, which is dog mushing. We have a few simple Off Topics threads, such as our Seasonal ones, that many of us participate in and use to greet one another, and we feel that those are adequate. Besides which, our monthly chat is a great place to have "live" conversations and catch up with fellow Forum members on a regular basis.

So as the racing season begins, we look forward to meeting up again on the forum with those we haven't heard from for a while, and indulging in our favorite sport.

MGFB - Heidi - Di* - SuldalsXpressen

Whatever... :?

I count 12+ off topic threads on the main page...I guess to some 12 is a few. Hey Mom, I'm gonna eat a few cookies.... :D
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby darby » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:03 pm

Would you reconsider? Because I think it might help the mushing talk section actually be more focused on mushing talk which is what this place is about. People on here obviously enjoy each other and like to talk about other things which is natural and a good thing. Putting that in a separate section might create an even stronger online mushing fan community. I'm sure there are lots of people who can't make it to the live chats but would enjoy a place where they can catch up without having to be there at a certain time. Just my thoughts.
darby

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:57 pm

darby wrote:Would you reconsider? Because I think it might help the mushing talk section actually be more focused on mushing talk which is what this place is about. People on here obviously enjoy each other and like to talk about other things which is natural and a good thing. Putting that in a separate section might create an even stronger online mushing fan community. I'm sure there are lots of people who can't make it to the live chats but would enjoy a place where they can catch up without having to be there at a certain time. Just my thoughts.

In by best "Karl" voice from Sling Blade...."I like the way you tawlk"...

Seriously, darby hit the nail on the head....PLEASE reconsider...Pretty Please with SNOW on top?
ThisSpaceForRent

Next

Return to IditaProject Video, Images & Audio