Larry Appreciation Society Patch

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Larry Appreciation Society Patch

Postby flowerpower » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:03 pm

Ok, it's not the patch, but I think this is funny! Wonder what POTUS thinks? :lol: :lol:

https://www.cafepress.com/LanceMackey.240491127

Sarida, We'll have to get together next time I'm in SA so I can get a patch! Great detail!
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby sarida » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:13 am

Howdy Folks,

Check out Lance's website for a picture of him at the Volunteer Picnic holding a Larry Appreciation Society patch. He's signed the mailer card to me, and June Price is sending it back this week. I got design credits in the picture caption! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeaheee!!! (My best Beatles scream.)

http://www.mackeyscomebackkennel.com/index.html (Scroll down just below the Espy text.)

Thanks to Theresa Daily for the putting this picture on the kennel site and thanks to June for pictures on her blog.

http://backstage-iditarod.blogspot.com/

Mostly, thanks to all of y'all for supporting the Larry patch project. Without you, it wouldn't have happened. I still have patches, so if you'd like one for a friend or haven't gotten one yet, send me a post.

Mush y'all,

Southpaw Sarida
Sarida the Snowless
sarida

Postby sarida » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:22 am

Howdy Folks,

A few days before the Volunteer Picnic & Musher's Sign-up I sent Lance the funds we'd raised from sales of Larry's patch, to date. It was a helpful contribution because of the entry fee increase for 2009.

I've been looking at the calender and we are about two weeks away from the Yukon Quest sign up day. Although the Quest entry fees are much lower, its still a lot to lay out for an event six month away. I thought it might be nice to send Lance the funds accumulated since the Picnic right before the Quest sign-up.

If you haven't ordered your Larry patch yet, or you'd like to get some as gifts, (never too early to shop for Christmas), now is a great time. I have about 50 still available.

Here's how to order:

Your total cost is $10 / patch and that will cover postage to you.
You can send payments to my Pay Pal account or send me a check
through the good old USPS. See below for payment information.
I will also send you a confirmation post before mailing the patches.
You will have the chance to correct me or make changes if needed.

Payments:

1. Pay Pal: send funds to sarida333@sbcglobal.net
or,
2. USPS: send check or money order to:

Sarida Steed-Bradley
115 Wickes Street
San Antonio, Texas 78210-1160

If you have special shipping requirements send me a note about the best
way to get a business size envelope to you.

Thanks,

Southpaw Sarida
Just dealing with the "dog days" in South Texas
sarida

Postby Moose » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:28 pm

If you haven't ordered a Larry patch, you should. They're awesome. I got one for myself and one for DH. When I gave DH his patch, he said "Cool, but who's Larry?"!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it? :D :D

I'll tell you, it's 10 bucks well spent. Thanks, Sarida, for doing this for Lance and Larry...and for us, too!
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby fladogfan » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:00 pm

I agree. The art work is beautiful and the patches are well made. Thanks Sarida for thinking of this and following up on it.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:19 am

i got mine! well 4 actually! hee hee
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby sarida » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:50 pm

Hi folks,

I have sold out of the first batch of Larry patches. I just ordered an additional 100. If you are still wanting a Larry patch, they will be in my hands by April 9 or 10.

Its been very exciting to see Lance wearing a Larry patch in all the Insider videos, on Versus TV and in print pictures in the newspapers. I'm taking reservations now, so send me a post.

Scroll down thru this thread for ordering information.

What a race 2009 has been?! I think I'll take a nap.........

South-Paw Sarida
Snowless in San Antonio
Sarida the Snowless
sarida

Postby sarida » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:52 pm

Oh and one small correction. For Pay Pal orders use this account: southpaw.dogs@gmail.com

Thanks,
Sarida
Sarida the Snowless
sarida

Postby runaway_sibe » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:31 pm

Well, I'm new to the forum. I want a Larry Patch, but honestly, I don't know how I can get it, since I live in México and the mail here is toooo bad. Sure, I can pay for the patch, but surely the mail employments keep it the patch! :(

Ok, and what about now a Maple Patch? I mean, after all, she already helps Lance to win 2 idi's, right? And I think that she won 2 golden harness, right? Last year and this year. Please, I would love a Maple patch!!!

Gaby form México

PS. If you have an idea for my problem... please let me know. I really want a patch, either Larry or Maple, please.
"A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog"
runaway_sibe

Postby sarida » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:27 am

Gaby,

Do you get Federal Express where you are in Mexico? Maybe I can send you a Larry Patch via Fed Ex or UPS. I'll investigate those shippers. Donde esta en Mexico?

Since Maple won the Golden Harness for this year's Iditarod, I'd say she has the lock on next year's Comeback Kennel dog patch. This was her first Golden Harness, but she is a very young leader. The Mackeys will have to confirm this, but I'm thinking Maple will be the patch for 2011 and it has yet to be designed. It will be one of my summer projects as well as my entry for the Willow Re-Start patch for BSSD.

Among all the video from the Iditarod this year I saw a clip of Lance tending to his team, in Ruby I think. He was hunkered over a smaller dog rubbing oinment into its feet. The dog was curled into the straw bed, but attentive to his every move. The videographer asked which dog he was working on, Lance said, "This is Maple, she's my little sweetheart." Aren't they all?

Sarida
Sarida the Snowless
sarida

PreviousNext

Return to Follow That Musher!