Martin Buser

If you are dedicated fan of a particular musher, feel post or gather detailed information as much as you would like here. You can post updates, rumors and random gossip about your favorite musher or dog team, post pictures, or just connect with fellow supporters. A special welcome to all mushers who would like post or just lurk.

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Martin Buser

Postby DustMusher » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:21 pm

Welcome RorysAlpha glad to see another Malamute here --

FWIW RoryJean - one of his Mals is the Granddaughter of one of the all malamute team that ran the '94 Irod -

DM
And I will be your guide beneath these Northern Lights
And you will be my shadow on the snow.
Husky's Code by Kyf Brewer
DustMusher

Postby Di* » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:24 am

Very thoughtful post Rory, hope to hear more from you!
Di*

Postby Di* » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:01 pm

Check out this awesome audio recording of Martin(scroll way down to the bottom)
Whistling and singing What a Wonderful World to his dogs! :D
http://community.adn.com/adn/node/139013
Di*

Postby Taz » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:55 pm

Hey Di. Not going so well this year for our guy! It has been pretty hard to watch this year.
Taz

Postby Di* » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:37 am

Ah I don't know Taz, it was fun to see him in front, if even only for a little while ;) . Wouldn't count him out until the fat lady sings! :D
Di*

Postby BB Backer » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:25 pm

This may not be Martin's year, but I have still enjoyed following his race. I love the videos and audios of him whistling to his dogs, joking with the volunteers at checkpoints, and watching the team run so beautifully along the trail. :D I also admire him for shaking things up this year...doing the Quest, trying a different race strategy, etc. Imagine the incredible bond that has developed with these fabulous athletes after traveling more than 2,000 miles together in a month. 8-) I'm sure the experience has given him a wonderful new insight to help when planning next year's race. ;)

In the meantime, I look for him to move up in the standings and finish with a happy, healthy team. :D

Go Team Buser!!!
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
BB Backer

Postby Di* » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:42 am

Read this at Kathy's blog
Our first stop was Iditarod, the halfway point on the trail. Got to visit with Martin for a short time. He was a bit trail weary and had been resting the dogs more than he intended. A musher's worst nightmare is to have their team run out of energy. He seemed befudled by what was going on ahead of him. Mushers and dogs cycle through highs and lows along the trail and this stop was a bit of a low for him.
:|

:D Hope Martin can get his second wind and make up some time along the coast.
GO MARTIN GO® :D 8-)
Di*

Postby BB Backer » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:41 pm

More from Kathy's blog.
Martin's travel times are looking good. This just isn't going to be his year but he's making his way along. The Quest appears not to have been a good idea so I hardly think we'll be back to Canada next year. I know Martin is babying his dogs along.

Rats, I really enjoyed following him in the Quest! Now it looks like it may be only a one shot deal. :(

For now, bring those doggies into Nome happy & healthy! :D :D

Go Team Buser!!!
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
BB Backer

Postby Di* » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:57 am

I wish Martin would reconsider and run the Quest again next year maybe even instead of the Iditarod! Now wouldn't that be interesting?! :lol:
Great to see his smiling face no matter what races he runs! Congrats on getting your dogs healthy and happy all the way to Nome in the face of so many challenges Martin! Just goes to show this race never gets any easier even for a wily competitor like Martin!
Good luck on the Kobuk this year Martin! :)
8-) GO MARTIN GO® :D
Di*

Postby darby » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:30 am

Di* wrote:I wish Martin would reconsider and run the Quest again next year maybe even instead of the Iditarod! Now wouldn't that be interesting?! :lol:
Great to see his smiling face no matter what races he runs! Congrats on getting your dogs healthy and happy all the way to Nome in the face of so many challenges Martin! Just goes to show this race never gets any easier even for a wily competitor like Martin!
Good luck on the Kobuk this year Martin! :)
8-) GO MARTIN GO® :D

But the thing is he would get more money finishing 8th in the iditarod than he would for winning the Quest.
darby

PreviousNext

Return to Follow That Musher!