Wheeeo

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Wheeeo

Postby Di* » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:36 am

Hello Frank!
Can you see me waving over the huge snowbanks at my place?! :lol:
Good to see you here :)
Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

Postby Alaska61 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:26 am

Hello F, and all others from days of Cabela's.
I was under a different username back in those days.
Nice to stir up some electrical current in the old grey matter before connection lost entirely :D
Retired and loving every second of it
Alaska61

Postby Moose » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:29 pm

So, tell us who you were back then--unless, of course, there's a reason why we shouldn't know! :mrgreen: And I totally get what you're saying about the old gray matter. Dang. Nice to know I'm not alone. :lol:
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Alaska61 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:11 pm

lol, no, no reason not to know :)
I lived in Idaho for a while and my user name was AlaskanthatsOutside, IIRC :)
I moved back to Alaska in 2011
Alaskans would understand the name, since we call the continental US "outside" or "America".
And yes, to those of us raised on homesteads in log cabins and with outhouses, "going outside" could mean different things :D

Oh, I did very little posting, if any at all. I was more interested in reading what people thought about the race, and how informed they were. To me, that was as interesting as the race itself. I've listened, watched, helped with communications via ham radio, since the beginning.
Now, I just enjoy :)
Alaska61

Postby Heidi » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:13 pm

From the year 2000. :D

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 4.56.10 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Heidi

Postby Alaska61 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:49 pm

Thanks Heidi.
Amazing, all that has transpired since then...with the race and Cabela's/Pro Bass Shops
Alaska61

Postby Moose » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:40 pm

You must have posted, Alaska, as I remember the Alaskanthatsoutside forum handle. I lurked for the full first race and then well into the second, but everyone was having such a good time, I finally jumped in. Great fun.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Alaska61 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:59 pm

Moose wrote:You must have posted, Alaska, as I remember the Alaskanthatsoutside forum handle. I lurked for the full first race and then well into the second, but everyone was having such a good time, I finally jumped in. Great fun.

I'll take your word for it. I just don't remember posting...too many cobwebs to search thru for this old grey matter :)
Alaska61

Postby sc-race-fan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:40 am

Thanks for posting pic. Sure thought the start of this great forum group was earlier than that. Yep, F sure had it right that we needed a place to follow the race and he was a great administrator.
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby StarDancer » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:53 am

Hey F!!
Great to "see" you!

StarDancer
StarDancer

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk