Forum Questions Answered

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Forum Questions Answered

Postby Heidi » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:22 pm

Several people have had questions about the forum and the admin/mod team will attempt to answer them here. If you have a question that hasn't been answered, please post it here, and someone will answer it as soon as they know the answer. :mrgreen:

Will this forum stay up all year?

Yes, 24/7/365!

Can we discuss the All Alaska Sweepstakes and other races here?

Yes, of course. Discussion is not limited to the Iditarod. Discuss any race you like.

Do we need to keep discussion of other races limited to one thread?

No. Start as many threads as you like.

If you have a question that hasn't been answered, please ask away! :D
Heidi

Re: Forum Questions Answered

Postby crazeehorse » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:21 am

COOL!
Dont mess with Mother Nature.
crazeehorse

Postby flowerpower » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:28 pm

Is there a way to post pictures without posting to a website like snapfish or photobucket first? Seems like I read something somewhere that sound much easier than what I am doing, but I can't find it, now. :oops: :oops:
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:34 pm

Yes...you can use the attachment tool :D ....post picture as an attachment and it will upload and be hosted by server. Please limit size, or we will.... ;)

tsfr
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby flowerpower » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:03 pm

AhHA! Found it, never really looked below the post before! Thanks TSFR! :D
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:38 pm

np....thats what we are here for...

24/7/365... ;)

tsfr
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby sugarriver » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:35 pm

Maybe I'm just lost or maybe this is a silly question. Every time I log in or check a thread - it comes up in Ascending mode. I'd like all threads to come up with the latest posts on the first page and in Descending mode. Once I click out and click back in - I have to change it again. Is there a setting somewhere other than the bottom of the page that I am missing? :?: :?: :?:
How do you tell the difference between a plumber and a chemist? Ask them to pronounce unionized. -
sugarriver

Postby Heidi » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:55 pm

sugarriver:

There is no such thing as a silly question. :) To change from ascending to descending, do the following:

1. Click the User Control Panel on the upper left-hand side
2. Click the Board Preferences tab
3. Click "Edit display options"
4. Change "Display post order direction" from ascending to descending. (Be careful because right above that is the option to change the topic direction. You want to change the post direction.)
5. Click Submit
Heidi

Postby SiberianRose » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:13 am

Thank you for creating this thread. Having the answers to, "How do I do that?" all in one place is a great help for a posting neophyte like myself. I have two questions. I know both of them were answered early in the life of this forum, but I can't find the answers.

1) I have not mastered the "Quote" button so that a quote appears with the white background.
2) How do I create an Avatar?

Thank you,
Patricia
SiberianRose

Postby Di* » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:35 am

SiberianRose wrote:1) I have not mastered the "Quote" button so that a quote appears with the white background.

To create a quote like above simply click on the "Quote" button in the postbox of the person you want to quote.
-The reply post page will come up automatically.
-The entire post will show up in your reply box.
-Simply delete what you don't want in the quote.
-Make sure you don't delete anything in brackets [ ] at the beginning and end of the quote or it won't work.
-You can hit the preview button before you submit your reply to see how it will look.

You can also quote a source outside of this forum by copy and paste.
All you do for that is..
-Hold down the left click button WHILE you slide it over whatever you want to copy. That will highlight your post or what you want to copy/quote.
-Next right click and a list pops up
-Click on COPY and whatever you highlighted is copied.
-Come back to this forum open a reply post and simply right click in the post. A list should pop up again.
-Click on PASTE and what you copied will appear in your reply box.

Hope that helps Patricia :) ...
Di*

Next

Return to Mushing Talk