MITH UPDATE - Monday, 3/3/08

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: MITH UPDATE - Monday, 3/3/08

Postby Moose » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:35 am

That's the most intense birthday cake I've ever seen! Is it trying to blow out its own candles? :D :D
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Heidi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:37 am

Btw, hi and welcome D&A! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Heidi

Postby CynCyn37 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:38 am

I can't wait for Mith and Spirit to be back!!!! If I miss you Mith, I'll talk to you soon. I am supposed to be driving to a conference today. However, it is sleeting here so I don't know if I have to go......(hope it freezes up real soon....want to 'watch' the race.

See guys, in Texas, everything shuts down for bad weather b/c none of us know how to drive. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby Moose » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:42 am

CynCyn, I was wondering if you'd be traveling literally across Texas or virtually across Alaska today. I hope it's the latter. Be safe.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Heidi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:42 am

CynCyn37 wrote:See guys, in Texas, everything shuts down for bad weather b/c none of us know how to drive. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That's true. EVERYTHING shuts down.

It's 64 degrees in Texas where I'm at and warming up. :D

Not to rub it in, cyncyn! ;) :lol: :lol:
Heidi

Postby CynCyn37 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:54 am

Don't rub it in!!! Although I love the snow. Just not the sleet/rain mix we have right now.

Driving across a little bitty part of Texas today, Moose. Maybe I won't have to. So far, the conference is still on, but I bet a principal steps in pretty quick and calls this thing off. I would not want to be bussing kids from across the state into an area that has a 100% chance of snow today (Wichita Falls). But we'll see.

The good thing in this is as I sit and wait, in my nice warm bed, I can 'watch' the race and chat with you guys for a little longer!!!

Now, if I had some sled dogs, I'd be fine!!!!!
CynCyn37

Postby Heidi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:04 am

You'd be driving from west TX to Wichita Falls?? :shock: Yeah, definitely not good. Hope it's cancelled. Hey cyncyn, I see by your post count you've quickly made yourself at home. I'm glad! :D How long have you been following the Irod?
Heidi

Postby CynCyn37 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:09 am

I like this home!!! This is the first board I have consistently posted on EVER!!!

I have just started following mushing. We went on a cruise last September. One of our excursions in Skagway was the Alaskan Sleddog Adventure. Wooooeeee that was so much fun. I emailed them and asked for names of the mushers. They sent me Joe Gans, thus my rookie pick, Jeremie Matrishon, and Hugh Neff. Now, I don't remember seeing anyone that looked like Hugh on our tour, but that is why he's my fav!

I love sports and have come to the conclusion that mushing is my favorite sport. It has so many elements in it that outshine my favs!!

Thanks for the welcoming atmosphere. I love it here!
CynCyn37

Postby mamamia » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:18 am

Welcome and you're welcome! 8-)
mamamia

Postby Heidi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:29 am

CynCyn37 wrote:I have just started following mushing. We went on a cruise last September. One of our excursions in Skagway was the Alaskan Sleddog Adventure. Wooooeeee that was so much fun. I emailed them and asked for names of the mushers. They sent me Joe Gans, thus my rookie pick, Jeremie Matrishon, and Hugh Neff. Now, I don't remember seeing anyone that looked like Hugh on our tour, but that is why he's my fav!

I have a similar story. I had heard of the Iditarod, but after my first trip to Alaska (half of it also on a cruise ship) I learned much more about the race and really got into it. Then back in 2003(??) I found the now-closed Cabelas forum and the rest is history. We all migrated to the brand-new BSSD forums just in the past month after Cabelas shut down for good.

There's really only 3 things you need to know: We all love dog sledding, brownies and drinks with purple umbrellas! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Heidi

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk