Happy Day

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Happy Day

Postby Di* » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:36 pm

Things are a little slow on the forum now so thought I'd tell you all about my great day :D

Got to meet sprint mushers extraordinaire(sp?) Eddie and Amy Streeper! There were at my son's school today with lots of sleds, puppies and dogs! Both of them are very friendly and it was so fun to talk racing, Iditarod with them. Even got to stand on a Hans Gatt sled, guess he was their sled sponsor or something like that! So cool, the sled is very flexible, you can lean slightly one way and it responds-moves from side to side! Sorry I don't know the right lingo as I'm not a musher(yet!) Not like the old wooden, stiff sleds, very cool 8-) :D

Told them Buser was my fav and Eddie proceded to tell me about him, he knows him, has dealt dogs with him etc. :shock: :D Got to see their photo album with pics of Amy winning the NorthAmerican(sorry can't remember the rest of the name :oops: )big time sprint championship. Even a pic of her beating Roxie Wright on a big curve in the race!!

Eddie just announced his retirement from the pro circuit in AK but said he will still do some smaller races and continue to breed dogs and sell them. Well anyway, was very exciting to talk mushing with someone as successful/knowledgeable as those two :D What a great job they did talking to the kids and being generous with their time. As Tangles would say I'm pretty chuffed about it all!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Di*

Re: Happy Day

Postby Heidi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:11 pm

How chuffy! ;) :D (sorry Tangles! LOL)

That's pretty cool Di! :D Things like that seldom happen down here in Texas. A musher? What's that?

Thanks for sharing your day! :D Now I'm off to refuel (food, not sleep)...
Heidi

Postby Di* » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:22 pm

Yea Heidi, it was way cool! 8-) Whatcha gonna eat? I was reading your thread somewhere about hot stuff....I can't take it a bit! Give me bland-potatoes, lefse ;) etc. Just can't take that hot stuff!
Di*

Postby mithious » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:08 pm

Hi you two :D :D :D

Di, sounds like you had an awesome day :D :D :D

Heidi, me either...the first time I had a REAL western omlete wash in New Mexico...and the peppers were home grown and canned by the cook..... :shock: :shock: :shock: and of course, being from Maine...I went for the water... :shock: :o :shock: :o I thought I was breathing fire... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby Di* » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:20 pm

:D Hi Mith so glad to see you back!!! :D :D

Sure wish we could trade weather with AK huh? Too bad I'm going to bed now! Will have to check back in with you tomorrow! G'night :)
Di*

Postby Heidi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:32 pm

Hey, I'm back...just had some pizza...nothing hot, nothing special.

G'nite Di...you mean you don't want to pull an all-nighter? ;)

Hey Mith, good to see you back posting. It wasn't the same here without ya! :D
Heidi

Return to Mushing Talk