POT LUCK PARTY IN THE BREAKERS BAR AND GRILL

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: POT LUCK PARTY IN THE BREAKERS BAR AND GRILL

Postby fladogfan » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:12 am

Good going Froz, nice and warm in here. I'm using that pot to make chili, sorry to, you Texans it has beans in it, along with beef, tomatoes, onions, spices, lots of spices. Chopped onions, grated cheese available for topping. Corn bread baked in cast iron skillets. Spicey corn bread, cheesey corn bread and plain old corn bread. I'm getting hungry typing this ;) :lol:
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby flowerpower » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:13 am

I have some veggie chili, bean included :lol: , that I will add for any none meat eaters. Cornbread sounds great!
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby sc-race-fan » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:46 pm

Bringing in some stuffed cabbage rolls, with some sourdough bread, enjoy. I hope to post more of my Alaska Adventure pictures in the Facebook Ididabud group, next week so the wind down from the race will not be so strong.
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby libby the lab » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:42 pm

Fire is out and leftover perishables are on the way out with me. Time for the spiders to settle in until next year.
Cindy, Anna Banana and Link-de
RIP Libby and Hank

http://www.dockdogs.com
http://www.chaseawayk9cancer.org
libby the lab

Postby fladogfan » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:18 am

Thanks libby the lab. Not much food left tho, loved the cabbage rolls and your vegie chili was mighty tasty.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby flowerpower » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:06 pm

I think I'll just bring in some wood and park it by the stove. Never know when someone might need to take a load off! :D Thanks for tidying up Libby! (Door slowly creaks closed).
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:22 am

Have stocked up the food store with food, taco crisps, peanuts, just snacks for folks popping in :)
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Breeze » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:08 pm

Gosh I am so there tonight. Happy to be there with others, but just as happy to be there all-by-self. This week has been brutal, and I want to be in a place where we don't allow each other to feel all alone and hopelessly sad.

We may have opened the Breakers Bar and Grill for one goal, and just slid into another. Either way, we've made a place to find respite and welcome. There really is no other way to talk about and share our humanity. Thank you all for being yourselves.
Breeze

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:16 pm

Ccrreeeeeeekkk. Oh that hinge needs some oil!

Just warming the old place up with a nice fire and restocking the food cupboards, having a sweep around, sorting through some old notes from iditabuds scribblings about 24’s and 8’s.

The old place is feeling cosy already, gonna chop some wood and get it ready for the next bud to stop by x
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby JeanieB » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:03 am

Thanks for the cozy fire and sweeping up the mouse poo, Tangles. I haven't been here for a while, but, ahhhh, it still feels welcoming. I will fry up some bacon (in celebration of Checkpoint 101 team return)and leave some eggs from m chickens, and a pan of cinnamon rolls. The coffee is on!
"When women reach a certain age, they begin to collect dogs. This is known as "Many - Paws""
JeanieB

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk