Can't Find Iditarod website's Talk Forums

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Can't Find Iditarod website's Talk Forums

Postby brightspot » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:20 am

Greetings everyone. Long time, no type! :) I came here looking for the same answer about the forums on Iditarod.com. The page is still empty. Looks like I'll be here this year!

edited to add: WOW! Tomorrow is my 10 year anniversary on this board!
brightspot

Postby fladogfan » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:07 pm

brightspot wrote:Greetings everyone. Long time, no type! :) I came here looking for the same answer about the forums on Iditarod.com. The page is still empty. Looks like I'll be here this year!

edited to add: WOW! Tomorrow is my 10 year anniversary on this board!

Welcome back!
Happy to see you again. Hope you enjoy the race with the Iditabuds.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby flowerpower » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:29 pm

Welcome Home! :)
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby Breeze » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:15 pm

There are a LOT of folks on the member roster here that were also very active on the ITC forum.

I'm just offering that up before someone freaks out because someone well- known from THERE posts HERE. Chances are, they've been here for a while. We've always been open and sharing and understanding that information is going to travel, so why fight the process ?

If more folks participate here, now that " there" is not there anymore :lol: :lol: :lol: , we'll all benefit.

Smile and be happy Cabela's didn't silence us when they canned Frank and shut down that forum. We are happy to be still around and yeah, a long time source of comfort and information during the race and beyond. :) :) :)
Breeze

Postby fladogfan » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:59 am

I agree Breeze I wasn't shy to re-post from here to there and vice versie. Always give credit wherever it comes from.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby JLJ » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:13 am

Didn't see this anywhere in this thread -- just saw it myself a few minutes ago -- but on Iditarod dot com forums

"Forums

Welcome Iditarod race fans. Unfortunately, we’ve discontinued the forums. We know this will disappoint some fans and we apologize. We will work on upgrading them for next year. Enjoy the race!"

As others have said, better here anyway. The ones I feel sorry for are those who don't normally read both places, so don't know about this. New people each year stumble into forums/message boards and some are delighted, but can't stumble into what isn't there.

Nice that there are still a few places where typing isn't exclusively done with thumbs. :)

Makes me think of an old short story by . . . Asimov? Heinlein? about a couple of boys in a world where education for 'ordinary' people was done via video and other slow means of communication -- only the exceptionally intelligent children were taught to read the 'squiggles' from the olden days. As one of the two boys was in that group, he taught his friend, and they had a secret language that very few kids or adults could read. My old rusty dusty brain doesn't remember the story line at all, just the impression that sadly not unlikely prediction of educational change made on me.
JLJ

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk