Brent Sass. Ouch!

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Brent Sass. Ouch!

Postby dashdel » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:30 am

Wild and Free Mushing

12 hours ago
Wild and Free Mushing

Slater as always smiling and keeping things positive. Gonna need to rely on some plays from his playbook. To make a long story short I crashed hard last night crossing the railroad tracks in the Goldstream Valley. Most importantly the dogs are all safe, but I’m going into surgery on Wednesday or Thursday to fix my mangled clavicle. Big thanks to Ida, Thom and Angie for all their help and of course my handlers Colton and Maddox who’s responsibilities just grew greatly at the homestead. Thankfully I have 100% confidence in them and their abilities to keep things rolling while I recover. For now I’m going to be taking it day by day and doing everything I can to help my recovery which unfortunately means sitting still, not my strong point, but we will keep it as positive as possible and keep marching forward. ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!
dashdel

Re: Brent Sass. Ouch!

Postby fladogfan » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:51 pm

Ouch is right. Poor Brent. Like his attitude however.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby sc-race-fan » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:44 pm

Latest Facebook post indicates he is still hopeful to run the Iditarod race this year!
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby Breeze » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:00 pm

Hemingway made some statement at some time that life actually broke most people at some point, but that people actually became stronger at the points where they were broken. I do know that if you have to be pinned and plated to fix a mangled bone fracture--you probably won't ever break in the same place.

So, we all know which musher is known as Huge Mess. I'll offer up we should also know who is Spent Brass.
Breeze

Return to Mushing Talk