Sponsor

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Sponsor

Postby adella » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:59 am

Just read that ExxonMobil is not sponsoring race this year. Unfortunately another win for PETA. Race now has only one big sponsor—hotel. Makes one wonder if race can survive. So tired of hypocrites like PETA who have been responsible for animals dying but preach
Aim in life-to be the person my dogs think I am
adella

Re: Sponsor

Postby fladogfan » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:10 pm

adella wrote:Just read that ExxonMobil is not sponsoring race this year. Unfortunately another win for PETA. Race now has only one big sponsor—hotel. Makes one wonder if race can survive. So tired of hypocrites like PETA who have been responsible for animals dying but preach

Won't get argument from me Adella.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Re: Sponsor

Postby sc-race-fan » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:43 pm

I think they are involved with the 2021 race and will drop sponsorship after that. From Alaska public media: "After careful review of sponsorships in light of current economic conditions, we’ve decided to conclude our sponsorship of the Iditarod following the 2021 race,” ExxonMobil spokesperson Ashley Alemayehu said in an email to the AP. "
I am sad that will be leaving, and yes PETA is driving the "dropping" sponsorship train.
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Return to Mushing Talk