Mini musher arrival!

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Mini musher arrival!

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:23 am

Lol

Well, on cp names, we did have Rohn as a name, but a really good friend, also a musher, had the same idea and named his little boy Rohn a few years back , so we can't use that now as i am kind of an uncle to him. Neither of us had told the other of the choice to use the name lol. Damn! Ems and i both liked that one.

We joked at Takotna, tak for short, which i do kind like, Nikoli we don't really like anyway and my younger brother is called nicholas luke but goes by luke so also knik is out. I joked at unalkleet lol but that was just that lol. I do actually like Deshka, think it's a great name, but Ems's isn't so sure as he would just get nicknamed des (dez) or desh as everyone shortens names. Nome could have worked for a girls name. So that's Iditarod names. Skwentna, iditarod, galena, ophir, McGrath, Rainy, Finger lake, anvik, anchorage, cripple, eagle, elim, fairbanks, kaltag, koyuk, shaktoolik wasila, yetna, shageluk, safety and white mountain just don't work lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

We do have some others which we are trying to chose between but not going to put here as they are our top 4 or 5, gonna give it another day or two and maybe we will have a name by the finish lol

And no, dog drop is not an option as a name Dilli hahahaha
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Another UK Fan » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:58 am

Oooo baby naming. Exciting times. Look forward to hearing what you've chosen. :D :D :D
Another UK Fan

Postby fladogfan » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:06 am

How is 'our' littlest musher doing today?
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:51 am

Feeding alot better! Like a ravenous puppy lol.
Waiting on some Test results before he comes home.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Moose » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:52 am

Fingers crossed he aces that quiz and is soon home, looking with amazement at the wonderful scene on his nursery wall. (Insert heart emojis here.)
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby fladogfan » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:02 am

tanglefoot wrote:Feeding alot better! Like a ravenous puppy lol.
Waiting on some Test results before he comes home.

Love reading this good news tangles.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Breeze » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:27 pm

I'm taking it to mean Young Short Pants Lord of the Hunden needed a good Bilirubin number for his discharge ?

Now that he is feeding like a ravenous puppy, his bili #s will drop fast. You can help those numbers with sunshine, or just like they do in the neonatal nursery-- under lights.

I'm quite sure Young Short Pants has already learned how to summon his " staff". That is the first and foremost skill of young Lords and Ladies.

:D :D :) :lol: :P :P
Breeze

Postby mira » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:38 pm

Tangles, you forgot Golovin and Koyukuk, Huslia in your list of names. Naming is so hard. If you look at Yukon you have Dawson as well :)

Happy to hear he has figured out how to "eat", everything must be learned, even that!

And totally agrees with all Breeze said, summoning the "servants" comes naturally :)
mira

Postby flowerpower » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:10 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby Di* » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:43 pm

Oh Wow!! Super exciting news & congrats on the birth of your son Tangles & Ems! :D Your life will never be the same! Hope you are able to head home soon & settle in with your lil guy. Best wishes!!!
Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk